Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Rolling Mortise jig" for router table

Good day

I wanted to make it long time ago and finaly after making the new router table, I made the "rolling mortiser"...

I did not make any project yet just a test that you can see on the last 2 pics but it's working nice.

The setting might look very long (on the pics) but actually it's very short. The "Fence stops" are set only one time and the "Roller unit stops", two times (one for left and one for right) but it takes seconds.

On the test, I cranked the router up in increments of 1/8" but I felt that I could lift more for each pass.

Regards
    niki

Re: "Rolling Mortise jig" for router table

Comment

Comment

Niki, your the master at making jigs, and I personally never get tired of checking out your work, they're fantastic.

Now maybe you have said the answer to this in the past and I either forgot or missed it, but do you ever make furniture, toy boxes, bird houses, guitars, boats, etc.

If yes, how about a picture or two. I'd bet your pretty good w/inlay.

Also, where the hell do you store all of your jigs, my god you must have a hundred or even 200 of them????
        Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Thank you Garager

Yes I did say it before and you can see my reply here (with picture)
          http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17581

From all the "list" of "do you ever make furniture, toy boxes, bird houses, guitars, boats, etc.", I'm building only furniture (home and garden)

I store the jigs in the garage, on shelves or around the walls...and they are not so many

If you'll go through the posts of the "Table saw jigs", you'll see many of the Oak that is on the pictures being cut.

Regards
          niki

Click image for larger version

Name:	dd856ff84ce80129037961b2134541e5.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	62.6 KB
ID:	3285

Comment

Thank you, Niki!! Some how you always seem to know the project problems I'm having and come up with really good solutions that I can even afford!
            I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

Originally posted by VASandy View Post
              Thank you, Niki!! Some how you always seem to know the project problems I'm having and come up with really good solutions that I can even afford!
              Thank you so much

I'm glade that the post came on-time for you.

Well, if you lived in a country that you can not find even a T-track....

You will not find in my jigs any special hardware....usually, I use very simple parts that you can find in the local hardware shop...even in Poland

Regards
              niki

Comment

You seem to have an analytical bent way over my head, but I would like to know more about the router mechanism in your illustration. I am referring to the cranking mechanism.

Comment

Have a look at this post, it will give you the general idea.

I made the part with the threaded screw separate because I'm using also a dowel rod for the "Pedal".

If you don't have intentions to use a "pedal, you can install the T-nut (or screw insert) directly on the lateral board. Be sure that the T-nut is installed at the center of the collet line to avoid side forces.
                  http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13658

If your router table is of the "cabinet" type, have a look here
                  http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18211

Regards
                  niki

Comment

Working...
                  X