X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compound Angle Reference

Well, I knew it couldn't last forever. I've had these nice tools for quite some time, and the time of when I could pick and choose the projects I *wanted* to do has ended. The LOML has decided it's now high time that I install crown moulding in darn near every room in the house.

Most of this seems to be pretty straight-forward. However, I have several bay windows in my house. Is there some type of chart/table/reference that will show the miter/bevel settings to cut odd (not 90) angles on the flat? For example, the bay windows are at a 32 degree angle away from the wall. Does anyone know of a sight that will show the appropriate miter saw settings for the outside & inside cuts?

Thanks!
    Brian

Is this what you're looking for? Miter Calculator Once you open the link, click on Miter Master.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Thanks for the quick response. This calculator seems like it would work great for a box or picture frame, but I can't get it to work for crown moulding. For example, it asks for # of sides - I put in 2, for the 2 pieces of moulding I'm trying to mate. Then for "Slope of side to base", I put in the bay window angle, 32. When I calculate it just returns the blade angle.

I've searched for some othe sites, but only found a similar style calculator. Am I using it wrong, or will these not work for crown moulding cuts?

Thanks,
      Brian

Comment

http://www.dewalt.com/us/articles/article.asp?ID=2

This should help.

Comment

Perfect! Time to make some sawdust!
          Thanks!
          Brian

Comment

IF YOU HAVE A RIDID COMPOUND SLIDE MITER SAW, THERE IS A SECTION IN THE OPERATORS MANUAL TO SHOW ALL THE SETTING AND DEGREES FOR CROWN MOLDINGS CUTS

Comment

Working...
            X