Band Saw Circle Cutting Jig

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Band Saw Circle Cutting Jig

I built a circle cutting jig for BS1401. When cutting circles the blade pushes away from the work and bogs down the saw.

I believe this is a pivot point placement problem. Where should the pivot point be positioned.

Thank you

I have my pivot point directly in line with the blade and it works pretty well.

Comment

What diameter are the circles you are cutting and what is the width of the blade? Is the pivot point aligned with the center of the blade of the cutting edge?

Comment

Pivot point should be at the tip of the teeth for maximum performance. That is the part of the blade that does the work. The rest of the blade just follows the kerf.

I like making the circles w/o the jig. Really makes you consintrate and strive to be your best. Afterall, we are not CNC machines, but real people using our God given talents to do our best. And that is where the pride is. [img]smile.gif[/img]
        John E. Adams<br /><a href=\"http://www.woodys-workshop.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.woodys-workshop.com</a>

Comment

Working...
        X