Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for 2 1/8 18ga brad nails!

Howdy y'all,
    Just wondering if anyone knows where to find the 2 1/8 18ga brad nail for my brand spankin' new Ridgid Brad nailer (R213BNA)? The sales person at Home Depot said I can use this spiffy little nailer to secure basic base molding and casings around my doors...is this true?
    Either way, I love this little tool! I have increased my Ridgid tool collection to three tools and am looking to add more!
    Kat

Re: looking for 2 1/8 18ga brad nails!

That's a nice gun and will serve you well. 2 1/8" brads are pretty long for most projects. 1 3/4" will do just fine for almost all casings, baseboards, etc.
    Welcome to the forum.
    ‎"I've never let my schooling interfere with my education" -Mark Twain

Comment

Don't know for sure what brand of brads your local HD BORG sells but at our store we sell the Porter Cable brand. Any of the brads marked 18 ga will work in the lengths your nailer is capable of handling. You might as well go ahead and get a box of each size because sooner or later you will find a need for each of them.
      sigpicSeldom Wrong, BUT Never in Doubt

Comment

2 1/8" is the max size, not the required size. Normally anything over 2" is pretty hard to get. You will rarely need anything as long as 2" and even then I would recommend trying not to use them since they will bend or deflect very easily at that size. Try to stay under 1 3/4". Get some nail packs of different sizes instead. Depending on the project you can choose the appropriate size.
        Last edited by Velosapien; 05-13-2008, 09:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by harley130 View Post
          Don't know for sure what brand of brads your local HD BORG sells but at our store we sell the Porter Cable brand. Any of the brads marked 18 ga will work in the lengths your nailer is capable of handling. You might as well go ahead and get a box of each size because sooner or later you will find a need for each of them.
          Slightly OT...I had a cheap Harborfreight 18g nailer, in which I used Bostich brand brads. When I replaced the gun with a Porter Cable BN200, I was surprised that it would not shoot the Bostich brads. To the eye they looked no different from the PC brand brads, but they would not even come out the nose of the gun. I had to throw all the Bostich nails away and replace with PC.

Comment

Originally posted by jbateman View Post
            Slightly OT...I had a cheap Harborfreight 18g nailer, in which I used Bostich brand brads. When I replaced the gun with a Porter Cable BN200, I was surprised that it would not shoot the Bostich brads. To the eye they looked no different from the PC brand brads, but they would not even come out the nose of the gun. I had to throw all the Bostich nails away and replace with PC.
            I've got 3 Senco guns (from the $99 finish kit) and I haven't bought any Senco nails (only can find them in contractor size packs), but the PC nails work well.

Comment

Working...
            X