X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BS Accessories

Not only has our local HD stopped carrying the BS1400, but they've stopped selling the parts for them as well. RIDGIDParts.com lists the bandsaw accessories, but you cannot add them to your cart. Does anyone know where we can go to get the accessories for the now discontinued tools that we already own? Can anyone suggest a decent aftermarket fence for the bandsaw that will fit the Ridgid table?

The FasTTrack fence system is excellent, especially if you resaw. FasTTrack makes a fence that will fit the Rigid. The basic system (fence and rails) is either $70 or $80. You can get two different sizes of resaw attachments ($15 or less) and a micro-adjustment (about $20). It also has tracks that can be used for shopmade attachments. Most woodworking catalogs carry the system. (Highland Hardware, Woodcraft, etc...) Although I can't speak for the Rigid fence, I can say that the FasTTrack fence is a substantal improvement over the fence system used on the 14" Jet. The Jet fence doesn't come with saw and is priced about the same as the FasTTrack.

Comment

AC5001 Rip Fence $58.47

Try 800-539-1710
      keep makn\' sawdust!...just don\'t breath any.

Comment

The Home Depot in Macedonia, Ohio may have a fence and a riser kit. I bought the riser two months ago for $32.00. The Fence was also priced at $32.00, but I chose to build my own table and fence. It might be worth giving them a call.

Mark

Comment

There's this fence that should fit the two screw holes on the Ridgid and many other Asian Bandsaws:

From The Woodworkers Choice on sale at $58. Looks a good buy.

David

Comment

Thanks for the responses...I've ordered the FastTrack fence and am looking forward to receiving it.

Does anyone know if the Ridgid tools that HD used to carry will still be available anywhere else? I was saving up to get the oscillating belt sander, but every store within a 200 mile radius is sold out. It looked like a nice sander and I haven't seen anything that compares to it.

Comment

dusthead, They're selling for $199 here(in Louisiana). If interested, I can have it UPS'd to you.
              keep makn\' sawdust!...just don\'t breath any.

Comment

Greg,

Thanks for the offer, but I've managed to find one up here (about 3 hours away, in Quebec) for $199 Canadian Dollars. I checked with customs, and I would have had to pay an additional 20% on top of the cost of the sander and the shipping so I broadened my search and was able to find one. I am now heading out to get there before it's gone.

Have a great day, and thanks again.

David

Comment

Working...
                X