Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garden coffee table

Good day

We have some old table top and my wife asked me to make some small legs so it can be used as garden coffee table or just a table to put things during the barbecue.

That, gave me the chance to "play" a little bit with the new "Rolling mortise jig"...it works perfect...and fast.

I could screw the legs hinges to the top but, because the top was cupped, I made some extensions or elevations that I glue and screw to the top to straighten it (the table must be folded and stored for the Polish winter).

On one of the pictures (in the garden) you will see the drill connected to a flashlight. This flashlight has a sealed lead/acid 6V accumulator so, it is used as "double function", light/drill.

The legs were painted with two layers of impregnate and the top, with Wood/Metal lacquer

So here it is without any text on the pictures...for a change...

Regards
    niki

Re: Garden coffee table

Comment

Niki you made it too nice, I was thinking more in the line as a fillet table. I like what you did, looks .....
      Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Hey, great work.
        The difference between try and triumph is just a little umph!

Comment

Great work Niki. And your back yard looks as nice as all the work you do! Are you growing some of those pine trees for future wood projects?
          Jim

Comment

Indeed about your back yard, looks to ma a professional was involved, so if you did your yard, thats one heck of a complement.....Mark
            Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Thank you so much for your kind word

Now, about the back yard....I remove any responsibility from myself...it's my wife's "kingdom"...she designed it and is taking care of it....but, she lets me to dig the holes for the trees (150 holes) and do all the "dirty jobs" like carrying bags of soil, fertilizers etc...

BTW, she also designed all the furniture that I made......otherwise, they would look like my router table....

Anyway, thank you...and MAYBE I'll tell my wife that you complimented here

Regards
              niki

Comment

I just new niki made something other than awesome jigs. Very nice, both your furniture and your wife's "kingdom". Reminds me of the yards and gardens areas in Germany. Oh for a good beer and grilled bratwurst in the garden!

Comment

Thank you so much OpaDC

Well, don't forget that Germany is "just around the corner" and the Poles are influenced very much by the Germans...actually, west Poland is populated with many German origin (and names) people....even our Prime minister name - Donald Tusk.....is not exactly a Polish name (that usually ends with ...ski like Rogowski, Kachinski etc )

Regards
                  niki

Comment

Working...
                  X