Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid - Good Customer Service Experience

All,

Reading this forum it sounds like Ridgid's customer services is *all* bad. I just want to share my the good experience I had - may be it is just me - just so you can have a balanced view of Ridgid's customer service.

I bought a floor model 3612 with missing miter gauge and damaged fence (didn't know at the time I bought) in october. I worked with Ridgid customer service to find out my options - they were very polite and offered to send a replacement fence and the miter gauge as well. They sent the miter gauge within a week. They were out of stock on the fence and told me that it will take a few months before the parts come from Taiwan. And in Dec I got the fence. Yup, it came after 3 months but atleast it did! The delay is just the nature of using offshore manufacturing - not a sign of bad customer service. Everytime I called to check on teh status, they politely told me the accurate status. I am a happy customer. Very happy with the 3612 as well.

Thanks Ridgid!

Subbu

Thanks for letting us know of your good experience. As I said in another post recently, we hear too many of the horror stories. Glad you are happy with the CS you received.

Comment

Starting to hear it, more and more. Folks saying nice things - hearing it in the stores from customers who've been turned off and frustrated seem to be saying something positive and buying an odd and end thing and trying again.

It's not perfect yet, nor likely ever will be. None of them are. Heading direction it should tho-and that's a great thing to hear.

Any Sooner fans here? What in carnation happened down there??? Sometimes the heads and egos get way bigger than life - wondering if that had a bearing? Shame-great season until last 2 games.
      Wish I had the answers ..... even half of \'em

Comment

I am having similar experience with overseas. Waiting 6 weeks for a backordered table saw b/c I wanted 52 inch rails. They had shorter 30 inch model available on site. I didn't think about why, but it's probably the overseas manufacturing like you mentioned. I guess as long as we want things for a good price, that we will have to do with an occasional wait time.

It's supposed to be at distributor Wednesday and picked up Saturday

*crossing fingers*

Jake

Comment

I too have had nothing but great support from the CS department. I too picked up a floor model TS2412 and had a few parts missing/damaged and the CS department sent them with no questions asked. Keep up the good work Ridgid
          murph

Comment

Originally posted by woodworkerjake:
            I am having similar experience with overseas. Waiting 6 weeks for a backordered table saw b/c I wanted 52 inch rails. They had shorter 30 inch model available on site. I didn't think about why, but it's probably the overseas manufacturing like you mentioned. I guess as long as we want things for a good price, that we will have to do with an occasional wait time.

It's supposed to be at distributor Wednesday and picked up Saturday

*crossing fingers*

Jake
            Did you end up buying the Delta Jake????

Comment

Nope powermatic 64A

Jake

Comment

Nope powermatic 64A

Jake
                I kinda remembered that as soon as I put up post....almost pulled down but figured I'd dble check.
                WW Supply?
                You'll be haapy w/ them rails - a wait worthy of waiting [img]smile.gif[/img]
                Let us know how she is after you get set up and slicing away.
                And Congrats on the newest toy. Like having a baby and having to wait a few days in hospital before the trip home. "Can we go home yet"

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by Cranky:
                  [qb]
                  Let us know how she is after you get set up
                  Yo Cranky, Table saw's are not feminine! There is a reason they don't make them in pink! It is a "he" not a "she"!!! As it is my wife complains about my garage time, if she finds out I am spending all that time with "sally the table saw" that'll be the end of that hobby!!

Cheers,
                  Subbu

Comment

I had a similar good experience with Ridgid customer service.
                    I too bought TS3612 in Oct with a damaged rails (fence was new)without knowing. I went back to HD asking for replacement. They got me another reconditioned (aka damaged) railings. I demanded new railings. They said they would have to order them. After 2 weeks I finally go hold of the supervisor in the tools area who had promised to order new railing - only to find out that he hadn't done that. He once again promised he would place order "tomorrow".

At this point, I decided to call Ridgid. The service rep was very polite and empathetic. Promised to ship the railing within 6-8 weeks. In the process I learnt that 3650 railings would fit on 3612, although service rep did not advice me to try it. A few days later after talking with Ridgid, I went back to HD to see if "tomorrow" has arrived in HD. It hadn't. This time the HD rep was so embarassed, he offered new 3650 railings. I took them home to try it on before cancelling my order at Ridgid. The 3650 railings do fit on 3612. But the problem is the railing package on 3650 does not include all the parts in 3612 railing package.

Within 4 weeks, I received my new 3612 railings from Ridgid (the name on the shipment said - Ryobi technologies). I took my new unused 3650 railings back to HD.

On a final note - in the last 2-3 weeks I kind toured all the HDs in this area (about 4 of them). Now that I know where to look - I must say - I have found atleast 1/2 dozen new 3612 railing packages on HD shelfs without their table saw partners [img]smile.gif[/img] ))))

Comment

Update for those interested.

Saw came early so I went to pick it up wednesday. 5 boxes packed up nicely on a palate with celephane wrapping all boxes together on palate. Shop I bought from spent about 45 minutes giving me info about PM and setting up saw.

All parts were there, everything packaged nicely . Parts all labeled, instructions good but average person will probably have a question or 2 during assembly. Workable but I had to call Powermatic 3 times with little questions about aligning pulleys, wings etc. They answered and I was not on hold longer than a minute or 2 to get an engineer. I scratched a bit of paint while assembling legstand and they are sending out touch up paint FREE!!!.

Almost Finished setting up except front rail was slightly warped. I phoned them up and are sending out via UPS ro Fed Ex, can't remember which one ( no questions asked or rails returned or any kindof hassles ). Will be here 5 - 7 days. Cast iron tabletop and wings are flat flat flat. I can't even see a speck of light under my straight edge. It's shiny like a mirror. Can't see any visible machining marks on the top or wings.

Have to wait another week til I can play with my toy, but I'm happy b/c company is so nice and helpful through the assembly process.

I'll keep ya posted & get a picture if I can get my hands on a digital camera and figure it out.

Jake

sidenote. Motor is twice of size of the saw I'm replacing.

MORE POWER arrghh arrgghh arrgghhh arrgghh

Comment

Cool Jake - congrats on the newest baby in family!

Hard to play the waiting game when most is there so grab a chair, beverage of choice and a bib 'cause the drool will be a drippin'

Nice to hear about the CS side - things do happen and still say ____ as long as they all treat us right and fix the problem we will buy from them again.

Keep us posted. In interim - maybe just fire up the baby and listen to the hum......and take a smily nap next to it.

[ 01-10-2004, 09:30 AM: Message edited by: Cranky ]

Comment

Cranky.

You're right. CS is huge in buyer satisfaction. I chose the right saw for me. But I have to admit that reading these boards can really make people nervous about new purchases. After waiting 6 weeks, my mind was zigging and zagging. Was worried bout warped tables, trunion squareness, etc. After dealing with these folks on the phone, I have no concerns at all. I get the feeling that if I couldn't get it right, they'd walk one over to my house and set it up for me... LOL

Wait, that's my imagination going again. anyway. Their customer service took all my concerns away.

Jake

Comment

Jake - these boards sometimes are IMHO to much in to many ways. Makes one not even dare to flip a tool switch 'cuase it's all gonna either blow up or disintegrate

Bet - serious too - that the percent of lousy tools is less than 2-3% including the likes of B&D and Chicago Tools even. Just not that much but the spins put on things, or rumours and like it is like a 100000 headed monster.

Now - on the CS side of it we get mixed reports too. Suspect many are more result od attidues and perception but they definetly happen too.

One I seldom here demeaned is the one you have and dealing with. They seem to be at the top of list in making one [img]smile.gif[/img]

That be a really good thing!

So is the fire burning and a hot mug of java at your side? Can I come over and look and drool also? Cooooooool - be there in 5

Have a great weekend. And for now-just dream 'bout that purrrrrrin' cause it'll be making chips real soon

Comment

Originally posted by subbu:
                              I worked with Ridgid customer service to find out my options - they were very polite and offered to send a replacement fence and the miter gauge as well.
                              Which number did you call please?
                              Marcus

Comment

Working...
                              X