X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid Warranty

If ridgid is going to be manufactured by ryobi, then the lifetime warranty that HD on Ridgid tools will be fine then right? I mean there isn't going to be discontinued parts and such correct? Also does anyone know if that lifetime warranty covers the motor?

You know, we've all asked alot of questions regarding warranties, and ownership, and customer service, etc. It seems that all these questions could be answered, in a single post, from a RIDGID Rep. Where the XXXX are you guys!!!
    keep makn\' sawdust!...just don\'t breath any.

Comment

petsudeh, the Lifetime Limited Warranty covers everything and anything that breaks or dies due to normal use of the tool. Any yes, the batteries are included in the warranty. Welcome to the forum.
      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Thanks for the quick response. Im VERY interested in buying a table saw and I just want to get as much info as possible. Does anyone know of any thing that I should look out for when buying a Ridgid saw or any for that matter?

Comment

petsudeh,
          If you want as much info as possible, just do a search for 3650, table saw, warranty, etc., etc., etc. You will find enough reading material to keep you up half the night [img]smile.gif[/img]
          Saying that Ridgid is made by Ryobi is like saying that Cadillac is made by Chevrolet. They have the same parent company, but come off different assembly lines. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 12-10-2003, 10:33 PM: Message edited by: Lorax ]
          Lorax
          "Did you put the yellow key in the switch?" TOD 01/09/06

Comment

Petsudeh, regarding the table saws, I bought a TS2400LS. overall I like the machine, however the first one I got had a small problem. someohow one of the fan blades in the motor came loose inside the case and destroyed all of the other blades while in operation. The cooling blades [img]smile.gif[/img] were made of plastic and I'm now always leery that perhaps some debris will get in there and it will self destruct again. Other than that I love the saw.
            A friend is someone who knows you and loves you anyway.

Comment

So does anyone know which saw it is that HD is advertising most frequently? I looked at one and it seemed very sturdy. I am taking a class where we use a woodtek saw. I like that one alot but I am soooo scared to spend 600 dollars on a saw that Ive never used. Ive heard good things about ridgid but am a bit squeamish about getting into debt over a saw that Im unfamiliar with.

Comment

Originally posted by petsudeh:
                So does anyone know which saw it is that HD is advertising most frequently? I looked at one and it seemed very sturdy. I am taking a class where we use a woodtek saw. I like that one alot but I am soooo scared to spend 600 dollars on a saw that Ive never used. Ive heard good things about ridgid but am a bit squeamish about getting into debt over a saw that Im unfamiliar with.
                I just purchased another Ridgid tool yesterday, a 14inch bandsaw, i bougt a table saw about 3 months back, it is awesome. its smooth and quite and strong it has 1.5 hp motor and very easy to work with. thi model is the one they sale that doest roll on wheels , it is is still 500 bucks but worth every dime. I had a protech prior to that which i still have but its nolonger used, except for odds and ends, now to those who are talking about the warranty, i have done much research on this mess, If you own a ridgid power or stationary tool now or purchase one by the 31st of this month it will be honored with a lifetime warranty, after that any new purchases will only have a 3 year warranty, this warranty covers any and all breakdowns that you did not cause to happen by missuse, except for brushes and lightbulbs.it does include batteries.THE company that owns ryobi did partner with ridgid and thus comes new warranty. although 3 years is better than anyone elses offer for no additonal cost, im still dissapointed that Ridgid didnt have the clout to say hey we built it and we believe in it and nothing changes but the owner id be ore happy but such is life. YOU know thats how Sears started off and now look at thier warranty , you have to buy the damn thing. WHATEVR HAPPENED TO THE DAY YOU DINT CONCERN YOURSELF ABOUT WHEN IT WAS GOING TO TEAR UP , BUT WHAT YOU WERE GONNA DO WITH IT ALL THOSE YEARS.
                NO IM NOT OLD, JUST MAD THAT THINGS GO BACKWARDS WHEN THEY WERE GOING SO WELL FRONTWARDS.

Comment

Well said goldfinger111.
                  changeling

Comment

Working...
                  X