Source for Jointer Knives

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Source for Jointer Knives

There was a thread on finding replacement knives for the jointer.

ToolCrib at Amazon sells the Frued C400 knives for $20 a set. These fit perfectly.

-- Sam

Sam, our Virginia Beach HD carries them, had 2, I bought 1... and one of the guys I know who runs the tool crib indicated they don't have problems getting thee 1300 knives. I went to the Norfolk HD and they were out and the guy I talked to did'nt either know or care when they got them in. Mixed bag I guess.

Thanks for the additional source and $ saver. Have you used Frued blades? How do they hold up
    Bob Sr.<br />Father of Bob-the-Builder

Comment

I've only run a hundred feet or so but they seem smoother than the stock blade. Might be that I did a better job aligning them (got the spiffy planer pal) but so far the boards off the jointer have really impressed me. I don't think my old blades were all that worn. I swapped them due to some nicks. Working with Cherry and there's a noticable diference in finish.

Comment

Your old blades are probably good tool steel they just had a poor edge put on them from the factory. Even my delta blades had a marginal edge. If you know a good sharpening guy try having them sharpened, and if he is good he will be able to tell if they are worth sharpening. learned this after installing my sharpened original set after second factory set went dull

Comment

Thanks. I hung on to the orig set and am dropping them off for sharpening to see what we get.

-- Sam

Comment

Working...
          X