Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hold-down clamps - simple, fast and cheap...

Good day

I'm not sure that you will find much interest but for the "maybe", I'm posting it.

I was looking for something easy and fast that I can move quickly from one table or jig to another...

All the "clamp" is actually a piece of scrape that I just drill a hole for the "bolt".

You can make it at any length, width and thickness...just stick two pieces of sanding paper (with white glue) and you are done.

Too much talking, isn't it...

Regards
    niki

Re: Hold-down clamps - simple, fast and cheap...

Comment

Another clever idea! I wish they still made Workmates like they used to, but I can't find the old style anywhere. Fortunately, you posted a very good Workmate replacement so I'll be putting it together with these clamps in mind. Thanks again!!
      I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

Thank you VASandy

I just went to the garage and took those pics...

To make them even more versatile, I just took them to the router table and made a slot that gives me the possibility to "play" with the length...

On the last pic, you can see that I use them also on the DP table but you can use them on....your imagination is the limit...

Regards
        niki

Attachment Attachment Attachment
        Attached Files

Comment

Niki - how do come up with the stuff??? I wish I was half that creative. Thanks again for some great ideas!

Comment

Working...
          X