X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new dewalt planers

I stopped by a Lowes today and saw two new Dewalt planers models dw734 and dw735. I asked the salesman and he said the dw735 would sell for about $450. I assume the dw734 would be about the same as the old dw733. Has anyone heard about these new planers?

I’ve seen two small write-ups on the 735 and they were both very favorable, only complaint was that is was louder than other planners they had tested in the past (98db). That is real trivial though, I don’t think there is a portable planner made that won’t rattle your brain without ear protection on. I think they quoted a MSRP of $479.

Woodslayer

Comment

Just saw a small article about the planer in one of the current WW mags (can't remember which one... I get several). Basically they said it was excellent, but noisier than others. Very little snipe.
      Mark

Comment

Yea, it was Oct. Wood Magazine----really different design----3rd knife sure seemed to make the difference on a smooth cut. Both new models going to disposable knives.
        Dave

Comment

Yea, the third knife helps yield more cuts per inch. It also raises the price of a small brad or nail imbedded in the lumber

I'd like to try it out sometime though to see how it compares with my 733.

Comment

Working...
          X