X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid TS3650 Tablesaw

So this week Im going to go and buy a 3650 tablesw from Homedepot. I live in Regina Saskatchewan Canada and was hoping that I get a good tablesaw with a good arbor.I hope I dont have to replace the arbor. Can you get new arbors in Canada with out having to shoot someone?
    ________
    cheap volcano vaporizer
    Last edited by RODDY; 01-22-2011, 11:30 AM.

I am sure many folks on this board will suggest opening the box and checking the arbor for yourself.

Pictures are available here...one of the seasoned members can find it for you.
    -Thirsty

Comment

Here is a link to the picture
      Arbor Pic
      From what I have heard we in Canada seem to be lucky on the repair side, most of the posts about repairs done in Canada are positive

Comment

Here's a little something I posted a few months ago. It might save you a little head scratching and forehead slapping.

Welcome to the forum. Congratulations on your new 3650. It's a great saw.

Assembly tips - Don't install the handwheels until after you stand it upright. The front rail takes 5 bolts, not 4 as per inst. That's why there are 9 bolts (5 front, 4 back). The nuts and bolts are a mix of standard and metric and will drive you nuts! Be real fussy about setting up the fence and rails, it's critical for safe and accurate cutting. Get help standing it upright, it's heavy (duh!). When you're all done you'll have 3 bolts left over. They are for attaching an aux fence if you need one. Apply a good coat of paste wax to the table, rails and fence (Johnsons, Butchers, etc.). Get a couple table saw books from the library for inst. on how to make inserts along with other jigs and fixtures and tuning inst. Good luck and have fun!

Almost forgot. The inst. for mounting the motor are a little screwy. Just adjust the motor in or out until there is tension on the belt thru the full range of blade heights.
        Lorax
        "Did you put the yellow key in the switch?" TOD 01/09/06

Comment

Hello, I picked up a 3650 in Jan and I love it!!
          I had a "bad " arbor. I have not replaced it yet but no reason to.
          I phoned the # on the directions and said I wanted a new one.Two weeks later no word.
          Sent an e-mail 3 days later I got the new arbor.
          FYI.
          I hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine.

Later

Comment

well i did it
            I went and spent some money
            and now i have a box that i cant get out of my van. lol
            i have to wait for someone to come and help me unload it.
            ________
            marijuana dispensary

Comment

Congrats on the new saw, I'm sure you'll be very happy with it.

BTW, please don't shoot anyone if you have to have the arbor replaced. It's been awhile now since the arbor situation has been corrected. Depending on how fast your local HD turns over product, there's a very good chance that your saw won't have the arbor issue.
              Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Originally posted by RODDY:
                well i did it
                I went and spent some money
                and now i have a box that i cant get out of my van. lol
                i have to wait for someone to come and help me unload it.
                I'll bet that saw looks just dandy in the back of your van Roddy!

Comment

Is a listing available from Ridgid that advises which Serial Nunbers of the TS 3650 are affected with the arbor defect. It would be great to know this up front and not have to go through the arbor changover process after buying the saw.

P. S. How many beers did it cost to get the TS out of the van???
                  Chris Berg

Comment

Originally posted by Bergybits:
                    P. S. How many beers did it cost to get the TS out of the van???
                    At least one less than its going to cost you to have the same buddy help you lift it on its stand.
                    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

well one of my really great friends stop by late that night and help me transfer it to my shop.
                      ......I havnt told my wife yet... I feel like a chicken
                      ________
                      vaporgenie vaporizer

Comment

Working...
                      X