Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Jointer JP0610 NOT discontinued - Clarified by the RIDGID Consumer sevice rep Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jointer JP0610 NOT discontinued - Clarified by the RIDGID Consumer sevice rep

THE INFO BELOW IS APPARENTLY NO LONGER TRUE DESPITES THE RIDGID REP ORIGINALY SAID THE JOINTER WAS DISCONTINUATED-
    THE JOINTER IS A CURRENT ITEM -

I was looking for a JP0610 jointer in Canada. This is no where to be found.
    I contact the Customer Service using the Contact Us link.
    They replied into my e-box: they add the jointer in the "My Stuff" tab and next to it there was a red #1 for Message.

There they told that this jointer has been discontinued 2 years ago and it wont be any replacement.

I also ask that if I purchase one in U.S.A, will the LSLA will be honnored in Canada? Answer: YES.

Note that HD sells the Jet for 549$ and is identical except the legs. It would not make any sense to have the "identical" Ridgid for 399$.
    If you want one grab it while available.

See screenshots attached
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Boogatoo; 12-08-2009, 12:14 AM. Reason: Info no longer true

Re: Jointer JP0610 discontinued - Confirmed by the RIDGID Consumer sevice rep

Originally posted by Boogatoo View Post
    I was looking for a JP0610 jointer in Canada. This is no where to be found.
    I contact the Customer Service using the Contact Us link.
    They replied into my e-box: they add the jointer in the "My Stuff" tab and next to it there was a red #1 for Message.

There they told that this jointer has been discontinued 2 years ago and it wont be any replacement.

I also ask that if I purchase one in U.S.A, will the LSLA will be honnored in Canada? Answer: YES.

Note that HD sells the Jet for 549$ and is identical except the legs. It would not make any sense to have the "identical" Ridgid for 399$.
    If you want one grab it while available.

See screenshots attached
    That's disappointing, because it seems that there are lot of people who are happy with it on various boards and like all RIDGID tools it seems to offer a lot of bang for the buck.

Comment

If this is indeed true then Ridgid must have tons of these things sitting in storage somewhere. My local home depot always has at least 4 or 5 on the shelves and they just set one up for display recently. I would not expect them to go through the trouble if they have been discontinued for 2 years.

Is it possible that just Canada isnt getting anymore?

I was considering one and if this really is the case maybe I shouldnt wait.

Comment

That's too bad. I love my JP0610. Great tool for the price.
        I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

The Rep told me that it wasdiscontinued in the U.S.A. as well. This is why he told that if I can grab one to buy it and the warranty will be good in Canada too, sensing that the LSAL was an important buying factor in my buying decision.

Comment

I bought mine last December, I don't use it much but one complaint I have is that the stand was so flimsy installing the leveling feet doesn't help, the metal just fold in. I had to use 2x4 accross each set of legs then install the leveling feet under the 2x4.

Comment

I would be disappointed if Ridgid did in fact discontinue the JP610 jointer. I purchased my about 4 months ago and have been very pleased with it’s performance thus far. It went together without much difficulty and was very accurate right out of the box. I looked on the Ridgid web page and they are still advertizing the JP610.
              http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/6-18-Jointer--Planer/EN/index.htm
              Seems strange that they would continue to advertize it if they had in fact been discontinued 2 years ago. But stranger things have happened. Think I’ll stock up on replacement blades….just in case.

Comment

Originally posted by Boogatoo View Post
                Note that HD sells the Jet for 549$ and is identical except the legs.
                Sears carries the Jet w/ enclosed cabinet. Watch for sales and the Craftsman club. I got mine on a combo midnight madness sale/Craftsman club sale for about $377.

Ern

Comment

If you hurry, today (July 26th) most Woodcraft's are having their yearly tool sale..10% most power tools. I picked up a JET closed stand jointer last year for about $339(399 - 15%). I got the extract discount for the early-bird bump and it being the display model.

Of note to Ridgid and HD: The only reason I bought the JET is that both my local stores didn't have a single Ridgid jointer in stock, didn't know when they'd get any, AND wouldn't sell me the display model.

Comment

I just purchased one myself. Interesting to note is that on the serial number plate it has the model as a JPO6101. Had to register it online as a JPO610. Maybe a difference??

Comment

got mine 3 years ago new, in the box, for $150. it was one of the gray ones before the color change. box had "missing parts" printed on it. got it home and found that the only part missing was the yellow safety key insert. called ridgid CS and they mailed me a two pack of replacement keys for free. so, essentially, that one missing part saved me $250. and it is a great tool.
                      there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Originally posted by corp_da20_guy View Post
                        I just purchased one myself. Interesting to note is that on the serial number plate it has the model as a JPO6101. Had to register it online as a JPO610. Maybe a difference??
                        I just bought one from HD as well. It too has Model# JP06101, which I also registered as a 0610 thinking I just wrote the number down wrong. Maybe the replacement for the "discontinued" 0610?

BTW, I bought this at the same time that I bought a TS3660 saw, which I absolutely love! Of course that I bought it to replace my Ryobi portable saw may mean I am just in awe of owning a 'real' saw, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by lineadefuego View Post
                          I bought mine last December, I don't use it much but one complaint I have is that the stand was so flimsy installing the leveling feet doesn't help, the metal just fold in. I had to use 2x4 accross each set of legs then install the leveling feet under the 2x4.
                          While the legs on mine weren't as beefy as I'd expected, the machine is rock solid. No wiggle or instability at all.

Al
                          America:
                          The land of the free
                          Because of the brave

Comment

Unfortunately, we gave bad information. I've talked to the customer service director about it. The tool is still an active item. That said, certain areas elect to stock certain items so not finding it in some regions does not surprise me.

Comment

ProBrand, thanks for clarifying that. I know you could spend all day answering product questions and that would not be practical but feedback like this every now and again is very helpful.
                              Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Working...
                              X