No announcement yet.

TS3650 Table Saw

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are cheaper places than OrderTree.

First off, you can easily make your own, and there is much information on this forum and the internet woodworking sites that can guide you.

Second, try doing a search here on the Ridgid forums for "zero clearance insert" and you will get many hits. There are a couple places that I can't remember the name of that have nice ZCIs for < $15.

Here is one source, there are others.

This should take you to a search for ZCIs on this forum;
    http://www.ridgidforum.com/cgi-bin/u...=000662#000000

Comment

I just got my TS3650 today. HD had it for $547.00 less 10% for opening a credit card with them, which was instantaneous. It was a replacement for my Shopsmith 510. Now it's assembly time...

Comment

I was thinking of buying the TS3650 to replace my existing benchtop saw. This model looks like the best deal for the money (delta-jet etc). How does the fence hold up over time?

Comment

scottr, after almost 4 years now I have had absolutely no issues or problems with the fence on my saw. Of course, there are some high quality after market fence systems available but quite frankly I would rather spend the money buying another tool or two before I would upgrade the stock Ridgid fence.
          I decided to change calling the bathroom the "John" and renamed it the "Jim". I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave:
            scottr, after almost 4 years now I have had absolutely no issues or problems with the fence on my saw. Of course, there are some high quality after market fence systems available but quite frankly I would rather spend the money buying another tool or two before I would upgrade the stock Ridgid fence.
            As usual, the ol' badger hit the nail right smack on the head!
            Lorax
            "Did you put the yellow key in the switch?" TOD 01/09/06

Comment

Hi guys. Still putting together my TS3650 more than a week after the initial purchase. My time is limited now, so I just go out to the garage and putter around with it little by little.

So far, I've got everything assembled and adjusted up to putting the motor and belt on. Honestly, I'm having fun just trying to put it together correctly!

Anyway, on another thread there was some discussion regarding the rails being bent and the tape off by as much as a 1/16 at a couple feet out.

My questions are these:
              1) How to you ascertain that the tape is off? Test cuts alone or another tape measure/straight edge/level?

2)A long time ago a carpenter friend of mine told me "never go by the tape on the saw, they're always off" Was he likely speaking of the cheap Delta I had or is that common knowledge regarding all table saws under $1k?

Thanks much in advance. I love this forum!
              Skip
              Stay well and play well.
              Skip

Comment

#1. Test cuts or a tape measure will both work. A tape measure would allow you to do many tests in a shorter period of time and waste less lumber.

#2 The tape on my 3612 is dead on. I think your friend was being way too general.
                I decided to change calling the bathroom the "John" and renamed it the "Jim". I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

Comment

Hi!!! Wow, I'm glad I found this site!!! I wandered over here in hope of finding out about a dado and a ZC Insert. Now I know how to make BOTH!!!!! I appreciate the information you're all willing to share. I hope I can participate just as well in the future.

As far as the measurements on the saw itself, it seems to me that the tape on mine is right on. I've done a fair amount of cuts so far, and they've all been real close if not right on.

The only thing that's caused any deviation is that I wasn't using a fingerboard or roller on the outfeed. Having solved that little issue, all seems to be proceeding perfectly. [img]smile.gif[/img]

First project for my new workshop is to make some wine glass racks. Can't wait to get started!
                  I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

Working...
                  X