X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Liar? Idiot? ***?

What is this, a men's room stall at Walmart?

dave doesn't like the 3650 or the new Ridgid much, that much is for sure. He will not win any awards for diplomacy. He has been like a bug at a windshield with this thing by posting repeatedly negative things on the Ridgid site. But dave has been here for a long time and I doubt that he is any of those things.

Criminey, people, it's a friggin' saw, not a Deity. We are getting a little too worked up for a WW forum. A privately maintained forum, at that. If PC or Bosch or Makita or Milwaukee or Dewalt had a public WW forum there would be negative crap (and legit complaints) there, too, but they don't. None of 'em do but Ridgid.

Think about it.
    Don't talk 'em out of it.
    The other guys probably have a suit on staff that always predicted a forum would turn out like this.

Free Clue: You will never convince dave to like the saw. If you love your saw, your posts serve only to see that newcomers to the site get the full, balanced story from experienced owners and that the record is set straight, in a professional manner. If you are waiting for dave to cave (tm) and admit that the saw is pretty danged good for the money, don't hold your breath. He has staked a position and I suspect that is the end of that, for a while.

You need to meet each claim and dire prediction with a Fact, and let it go, for chrissakes. If he says it cuts crooked, you need to post it cuts straight. If he says the service sucks, you need to relate an incident that proves it doesn't. Or that you never need it 'cause the tool's so friggin' good. The legs don't flex much, the motor didn't hardly 'splode at all, that sort of thing.

A lot of the good old knowledgeable posters (of whom dave was one) are pretty much gone now because this site is hardly about ww'ing for the time being. Bummer, 'cause I was learning stuff here and I have a lot to learn.

It would be nice if Ridgid would step in, set some records straight, and knock a few heads.

Until they do, I wish we could show some judgement and restraint. If he's that far out in left field it will be obvious to bystanders, and what else can you hope to accomplish? And if the Orange Ones see enough legitimate forensic heat to step up the customer service and address a design issue or two, who is the loser?

Except for the trolls. Death to trolls. Mark IV hates nasty trolls.

Happy Holidays ('cept trolls)!

Comment

PS: The motor that blew up was on a 2400, not a 3650.

Comment

Mark IV

I realize that DaveFerg will never like the saw. That's not the issue I have. It's an issue of truthfulness and character. When DaveFerg first began posting about the saw being a POS it was one opinion among many. However, the issue I have is in how DaveFerg has addressed members of this forum.

Do you think it is OK to pick fights with other posters by being beligerent? By belittling them? If you don't, and your post seems to indicate you don't, then surely you can understand my issues with DaveFerg.

DaveFerg seems to have a lot of valuable information but that information is lost in the manner he CHOOSES to use to deliver it. Lately, DaveFerg seems to swoop down on unsuspecting posters and bash their equipment, questions their intelligence, and causes enough animosity that the original poster's issue becomes lost in people picking sides and defending their turf.

I don't accept that kind of conduct from anyone! I would love to ignore his posts, except that would not be fair to the novice poster or the other members of the forum. Being a member is more than just granting access. There is a certain amount of accountability for how you conduct yourself as a member. DaveFerg has abused that in my mind.

That is my issue. It's not about a saw.

Comment

Excuse me Mr. Spowell-----If you're are at all concerned---I'd strongly suggest you look back at some past threads and see just how I was treated here-----I've put up with a hell of a lot of abuse here and only stuck around because others, from the forum, have pm'ed me asking me to stick around. But, I will not put up with unknowledgeable statements like yours blaming me for instigating this garbage. Geeeessssh! Now that's the living end!

Ever since I DARED post something negative about the 3650, I have listened to every kind of abusive post from numerous people who only recently joined this forum----a forum I had long enjoyed because it didn't have that type of people posting.

If I retaliated, it was after a great deal of piling on by people who wouldn't argue facts---they'd just attack anyone who disagreed with them---sort of like a bunch of school-yard bullies.

So you want to call me hard-headed about the 3650 or the junky motors OWT is putting on other good Ridgid tools----so be it. But don't you dare try to blame me for starting it----I put up with a load of crap before sinking to the level that seems to have become the norm here. Too bad----once upon a time, we could discuss the good and the bad of Ridgid and we all learned from it.
          Dave

Comment

To me it is more than an issue about a TS as anyone who's read and followed daveferg's posts over extended time will understand he will not be changed. Nor should he be if it is his belief.
            No - my issue is way beyond that one "thing". It really boils down to one issue and the rest has spilled over into more.
            There are many many many of us who happen to like this TS. Many others also like seem to like some other Rigid products. Some fit - some don't. Like Delta or Jet or Dw or .... list of companies goes on of course .... and so does list of users.
            I actually had dialog of positive nature with daveferg regarding this TS in beginning while making a decision in what to buy - for ME. I made my election - and the choice has been a very solid one for us here. I understood the pros and cons, the limitations (none that matter to us)and remain extremely satisfied. Extremely happy.
            But ___ and here is where this falls apart totally __ daveferg continues to find and expand upon or may I state embellish upon what I call yesterdays news. Reports by a few of "leg flex". Of "long screws" where they should not be. Of what a poster called "insert flex". And lastly of course that "lousy non-Emerson" motor that really seems to be the issue behind the issue, if one will.
            I was the individual who posted up the "exploding" 2400 above and simply put up to make everyone aware this freaky thing occured, and to inquire if anyone else had heard of such an occurance. I new it would be FFF (fodder for ferg) but it was a fact and happened. As such my interest was piqued.From there it ___ as always it seems ___ took the direction of the "Rigid is a POS" that daveferg continually imparts as actual fact. Now we got a war. Again.
            Everyone can have opinion. And state it. We need to accept that.
            To 100000000000000000000000000000% discount the experience and feedback from ___ again folks ___ actual users ___ again ACTUAL USERS folks ___ and embellish that this is essentially worthless, they are moron (no-it's Ryobi cultists - idiots - a$#holes - there are more but you get the gist) who don't know a friggen thing, the I TOLD YOU so attitude and comments when someone asks a question or states a minor concern -------- here I, and may I state(?)we, have very serious issues with daveferg. He's not an expert. He's not a hands on guy. He's frankly from his posts clueless as to really what these tools are about.Yet he loves to roam from forum to forum to forum spreading the same things he always used as his only FFF. Embellish what little he can find. Make it sound like the users are very disgruntled across the board and a mutiny like wave of angry Rigid owners are flooding the world..... here folks, I draw a line totally.
            Been frequenter of forum for long time. I have never found a need to bash a product like it was an obsession to justify my feelings or opinions. To post in an incredible number of forums in an incredible array of topics and have either an opinion or whatever in nearly every topic or matter discussed. Daveferg's got more time on hands than me-that's nice for him. Yet the common thread, the only common thread daveferg ever states is this Rigid thing. Beyond belief is expression my son uses when he talks of forums and daveferg - "what is this guys issue?" (I really dunno either is all I can say). And he's no Rigid fan I guarentee you (truly hates HD)-not even close. Uses the TS here and likes but desires a cabinet saw - so that is as close to Rigid as he gets. He's also just not on a crusade to belittle a company product or owners across the spectrum either. And smart enough to understand he cannot state things he does not know. Nor dumb enough to discount and ridicule something that many like greatly.
            This is way to lengthy yet as one should also state - it's strictly facts. Nothing more. I do not ever bring rumor or gossip to the table - that is strictly wrong, deceiving and IMO totally immoral.
            Wish I had the answers ..... even half of \'em

Comment

Originally posted by Cranky:
              I see daveferg last post - missed before and her's comment as I feel need to do so.
              Your --- as far as I know anyone because of the actual topic --- statements regarding the 3650 as best I can describe were "based on a short observation at local HD display" - correct dave?
              Folks who owned said no, it was either not the case (flex) or not a factor. You then began this should not be happening, and therein the design was faulty, this was cheap, that was wrong with it and it began. Again daveferg - the owners already had one and knew. Guess who should have been stating what the "problems" were if there were any?! But it continued - they made a bad choice, you never would have.....dadadaaa.
              Do you wonder daveferg how it all began?! Please -don't lay the blame for this upon others. Call someone an idiot and frankly they would be called an idiot by many for not defending their rights and decisions.

Comment

DaveFerg,

I don't have an issue with whether or not you post for or against RIDGID products. Like you, and just about everyone else here, I own a variety of products from just about every manufacturer and enjoy seeing information regarding their equipment even if I am not considering a purchase.

How you choose to deliver that information is the issue, and no, you are not the only person doing this. You just happen to be the most prominent due to your volume of postings.

During my time here I have read posts by many people much smarter than I who are successful in delivering information that is not condescending or beligerent. You said "once upon a time, we could discuss the good and the bad of Ridgid and we all learned from it." I agree wholeheartedly.

That is the point of so many postings here. Most want to see the personal attacks stop! The topic of this thread was a discussion of a freak TS malfunction. The information was posted in an informative manner and put on the board for everyone's benefit. That topic certainly didn't last. It has become hopelessly hijacked by all of us. Seems to be a recent trend and in this posting, yes, you started it. Whether you felt like you had been "attacked" elsewhere that doesn't excuse propogating the problem everywhere.

There are many people who post here on a regular basis that do not like the RIDGID tools. I don't see them getting slammed. People can disagree, but personal assaults aren't disagreeing. Many have posted negatively about many of the new RIDGID products as well as some of the old ones. I seem to recall several recommending against purchasing RIDGID and some recommending that people sell their RIDGID items. I didn't see them getting attacked for not liking RIDGID. The issue isn't your opinions on the equipment. It's the manner in which you express them.

Comment

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Originally posted by Smokin'Joe:
                  Ya got busted Cranky. They stripped ya of yer rank Ya did have them starry things yesterday didn't ya?
                  And we wonders why some places don't have the death penalty but not me. Some in there been known to be innocent
                  I'll label ya myself tho
                  --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Defender of the Facts

*this assumes facts are acceptable here of course.Which they are by many it seems. Of course not all sadly either
                  \"NowhereMan, are you listenin\', do you know what you\'re missin\', NowhereMan....\" Fab Four

Comment

Dave Ferg;

I know you to be one to speak of your mind, and very out spoken. I remember your first post directed at me. I took offense, and passed it off as if I had envolked it. Re-reading my post then, it could have been easially taken that way. I often have a hard time putting my meaning into words, and come accross with the wrong impression. I'm no liturature major that is for sure!

You have offered alot of helpful comments here, and I'm sure those who have been around long enough know that. I was pro Ridgid prior to their latest move, and now I have extreme doubts, not only on customer service, but the items themselfs. For now, I'll pass them up when purchasing, but that my not always be.

Ridgid is starting over in my opinion, and I can't afford to gamble. Once they re-establish quality and customer service, I'm sure my hard earned dollars they will see. But I can't afford to be a geenie pig right now.

All I can offer is a suggestion to everyone that attacking the product, warranty or customer service is justified. But not attacking each other. Each of our own opinions are just that. Attacking that opinion is moot at best. Readers are looking for helpful insite. Heated debates over calm of wit is worthless time spent writing, and reading.
                    John E. Adams<br /><a href=\"http://www.woodys-workshop.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.woodys-workshop.com</a>

Comment

I was Court Martialed huh? Well - not sure if I ever attained a rank here as never noticed myself. If I did I likely had not earned IMO anyway - just a fact.
                      Things get mighty heated sometimes...we can be strange bunch of creatures.
                      Speaking of creatures - OT I know - seems we have 4 new unexpected additions in way of kittens roaming thru the sawdust. My guess is 4-5 weeks old tops they so tiny. But cute as can be.
                      So the question remains - where did the buggers come from?
                      We have 2 cat's - older than the hills, fixed 10-12 years ago. Not from them. About 10-12" of snow piled up around here. No stray cats roaming around we've ever seen - dog ensures "strangers" venture not.
                      Looked for opening where a litter maybe coulda been hidden w/i wood storeage areas on backend of shop - nope.Plus - they would have frozen to death since we have not been using wood from there for a couple weeks and door never opens.
                      This is bizarre - like they created outta sawdust and chips. They just appeared in morning-flicked on lights and there they were. Tiny and starving, skinny as splinter. Someone playing a trick I assume but keys --- only 3 of us have shop keys. Me-LOML-my biz partner. Partner - nope, he cannot wait for them all to leave for heaven, LOML, nope, me....not unless I am sleep walking.
                      Little stinkers shredding ankles as I type right now - yet they likely to stay. Hard to say goodbye after feeding with bottles and listening to them motors just purrrrrrring along. Guess I'll just call them shop accessories. Like Woody, Dusty or Duster, Chips, and Wally or Walli (one loves to get into the opening by DC). Can't tell for sure the gender (and nope-I will not do that serious looking stuff!)so trust these names can be used either way.
                      Santa sure did get his orders mixed up this year. My wish list was slighty different....but he did get us something [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

UO Woody----thanks for the kind words. We seem to be two of the remaining old crew still bothering to post here.

I do agree that posts can mean one thing, but say another and we all can react the wrong way----That being said----I don't need to comment further as to attitude or intent of some people---There's a legal term "the facts speak for themselves" which applies to the posts immediately following yours.
                        Dave

Comment

remaining crew?
                          oh yeah. uh-huh. forgots.
                          the good old days.
                          just wondering this thought --- asked to daveferg ---- just call me curious. This is a Rigid forum, supported and paid for by them.
                          Just what in dickens was one posting for years on if they didn't have the Rigid tools anyway? Hard to answer questions specific to Rigid if you don't own them. And most questions seem geared towards their tools which is logical.
                          Just curious as dickens why not just hang at woodnet and other forums primarily where it's not so company specific and actually more of a magazine critique type of setting?
                          I enjoy your banter here so it's not related to the fact I don't want you here. I enjoy amusement and admittedly you can liven up a place. When it indeed slows down you make absolutely sure things don't get chance to die down - that's for sure.
                          You say your tools are non-rigid - and buy quality american made stuff when one can. Ok. So -why you here? Can you just say why here when so many other forums you live at too? If your posts mostly in technique or like areas I could see it. When so much falls into the tool side - and you obviously not experienced in area in these tools, it tweeks my curiosity to no end
                          I am asking a honest question. Appreciate an honest answer.
                          \"NowhereMan, are you listenin\', do you know what you\'re missin\', NowhereMan....\" Fab Four

Comment

Smoken Joe----I'll take you at your word of wanting an honest answer----if this is more baiting---well, you'll be the one who looks like the fool.

FYI----Emerson, before making Ridgid, make the Craftsman stationary tools----I own two. In the case of the table saw, it was made with the exact same castings/design as the 2424 and 3612. So, on the saw, this was an excellent forum to share tips, find out how to improve the saw and how to adapt old saws to the improvements Ridgid had added to it's new saws.

I also found this forum an excellent source of information (both reading and asking questions) about other Ridgid tools I was in the market for.

I have also been a big supporter of some new Ridgid products----can't tell you how many times I recommended the 3612 or the new Ridgid Flip Top stands (of which I own two).

I have also enjoyed sharing advice on woodworking and tools, in general, with members here, which I continue to do, when not fighting other battles . Indeed, while I'm pretty experienced, always enjoyed learning from others here---again, sadly most of whom have departed.

I think that answers your question.
                            Dave

Comment

Originally posted by daveferg:
                              Smoken Joe----I'll take you at your word of wanting an honest answer----if this is more baiting---well, you'll be the one who looks like the fool.

FYI----Emerson, before making Ridgid, make the Craftsman stationary tools----I own two. In the case of the table saw, it was made with the exact same castings/design as the 2424 and 3612. So, on the saw, this was an excellent forum to share tips, find out how to improve the saw and how to adapt old saws to the improvements Ridgid had added to it's new saws.

I also found this forum an excellent source of information (both reading and asking questions) about other Ridgid tools I was in the market for.

I have also been a big supporter of some new Ridgid products----can't tell you how many times I recommended the 3612 or the new Ridgid Flip Top stands (of which I own two).

I have also enjoyed sharing advice on woodworking and tools, in general, with members here, which I continue to do, when not fighting other battles . Indeed, while I'm pretty experienced, always enjoyed learning from others here---again, sadly most of whom have departed.

I think that answers your question.
                              No bait and fair enough.

The easiest way maybe to avoid "fighting" the other battle is just to not comment on that 3650. As you realize this thing is very much liked and enjoyed by most users and unless I am mistaken here (?) this is the war turf wherein battle always is.

No bait on this either - just what I can personally attest to as what and why I can easily get into the fray.

Fair enough?

Comment

SJ---not baiting either----but, why would you say I would not be permitted to (or more precisely, should not)express my opinion, while others are allowed to express theirs? So, in your mind, does this justify the personal attacks some have thought was their "right" to inflict?

Again---not baiting---just asking----so you're saying the only way to keep the peace here is to cave into abusive loadmouths (a general description---no names), who feel they can say anything they want---And, just hope that, by mistake, you don't say something to offend them???? Well, I don't think so.
                                Dave

Comment

Working...
                                X