Ugly situation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ugly situation

Take a peek the below link - talk about a freak thing happening. Makes me wonder what went astray - the part. Or person putting together wired up wrong - and they were the wrong "part"
    Anybody ever hear of this happening before? Likely just freaky deal but if I found a trend -- I'd likely get real nervous about a quality vs cost cutting thing in product line.
    I'll sit tight and consider it a one in million thing until I hear otherwise. No doubt it happens - as poster says, attornies will let us know when it does too. And being as where these things are manufactured and sentiment towards the "outsourcing" being what it is we'll surely hear everytime something happens no doubt. It should not - it does and we all know it. The company that is involved really gets a ugly rap if it even happens once and that is unfortunate if it is a one time thing.....if a pattern developes the marketplace shall run 'em into the ground ala Sadaam (thank's Armed Services!!!)

Here's the link - interesting that the same parties there are same parties here making same comments. Surprising - no. Why would it be. Does it matter? No - why should or would it.
    I'm not a big Rigid guy as stated and known. I like what I like - as long as it be good to me. If it's not - everyone also knows that. And no, daveferg has yet to use my 3650. But I've not extended an invitation either.

http://www.forums.woodnet.net/ubbthr...5&o=&fpart=all

Any feedback from users appreciated if anyone else encounters issues on anything. Rigid - we do read and listen. Don't forget that
    Wish I had the answers ..... even half of \'em

Cranky----maybe reality will finally settle in, though I doubt it. What with reported overly long screws inside motor casing----frankly, this doesn't come as much of a surprise.

So, tell me----just what part of operating the 3650 is going to help me forget that the motor has no name/mfg. and only says Made in China or Taiwan or whatever. How is operating the saw going to change the design/gauge of the legs or insert plate, which have been reported to flex? Operating the saw isn't going to change one thing, is it?

Glad to hear you're not some die-hard Ridgid advocate----with the reports like this one, don't think it's easy to defend---let alone, if like so many, you do it with a crappy attitude as well.
    Dave

Comment

Originally posted by daveferg:
      Cranky----maybe reality will finally settle in, though I doubt it. What with reported overly long screws inside motor casing----frankly, this doesn't come as much of a surprise.

So, tell me----just what part of operating the 3650 is going to help me forget that the motor has no name/mfg. and only says Made in China or Taiwan or whatever. How is operating the saw going to change the design/gauge of the legs or insert plate, which have been reported to flex? Operating the saw isn't going to change one thing, is it?

Glad to hear you're not some die-hard Ridgid advocate----with the reports like this one, don't think it's easy to defend---let alone, if like so many, you do it with a crappy attitude as well.
      oh daveferg ___ you surely gotta be kidding me again.No daveferg-I sure am happy I do not own THAT saw. Read owner also replaced with like kind - why? He could have done what he wanted.

As stated I assume it a freaky fluke-start showing me a bunch of similar things and my opinion may change. Until then - sh!t can and does happen to many things.

Want an example daveferg? Maybe not but here's one anyway. I bought a real spendy American made John Deere tractor with attachments (snowblower,etc) in mid-November to tune of almost $8100. Went to clear out snow last night and there she went-blew a stinkin' valve. I finished it with the old Murray which is about 90% from far east. Old and ugly - but still running. Does that allow me to or should I make blanket statement and attacks on all Deere's out there? Nope- 'course not. Something happened and I trust that they will get fixed and resolved.

Amazed that one keeps going back to such matters as mundane as "reported leg flex" and "insert flex" - one is non-existent I've found if the lift is set-up right and the other I have no clue what issue is as it's not here on ours.The long screws -one had, one did not. The one that did was not a problem but I did replace nontheless as someone stated they had an issue/concern on same.
      The "no-name" motor - my God man, so what! For all one knows the specs identical - but if it's not made by Emerson-Honda-Ford-whatever-it's not called that regardless of specs being same or whatnot. That means absolutely nothing-NOTHING - to me. Warranty and how things addressed does. Give me a labeled motor with no warranty or company ---- I then DO NOT have interest in that.

If I've stated it once I've stated it maybe 40 times now.... the 3650 is a good ts.Happy I purchased. Do again.

And no - I am not about to defend the issue on that saw I reference in firt post here -it happened. I am wondering why - the part or operator who installed the part on assembly line. It happened - was resolved - and that's that. If trends start across product line and problems become common - I'll think twice and move on. Just like I do with any mfg - once -twice - three strikes that products likely out.

There are many vendors out there as we know. Likely all have similar issues based on what I read and hear and know. Thankfully common sense usually prevails in most folks minds and they digest, realize the fact there are those who will enjoy the opportunity to have something happen and validate what they believe or perceive, and cannot wait to have new chance to get the company for what most likely is a freaky thing.

No daveferg-I put up to alert and see if a trend or pattern here. What the REALITY is was you'd use to trash Rigid - a given IMO. It was easy to know you'd be in shadows awaiting chance to attack - I read other forums where yo had a blast doing it. It's your thing - we all accept that.
      Most have long since ceased reading this "stuff" which is shame as there was time I feel most thought what you offered as whole had at least some merit. Now it's just plain goofy mostly.

If there was one the Griper Rule always applies - they who angry and feel antagonistic are always the first __ and most __ to post and vent. I don't see it happening here. Hope it doesn't either. If it does - pity company as some would truly love to see them disappear

Comment

Cranky,

You gotta stop making sense like that. All it does is confuse those "one track minders".
        ================================================== ====
        All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Comment

Well, Cranky (with your appropiate handle)I guess you must be off your meds again. Since you and others, of little or no history on this board, would not be able to note-----in the time I've hung around here, there was never a post about an Emerson motor failing like this. The very fact that OWT chose to drop Emerson motors and switch to a no-name motor, and that motor, in a few short months, has had several bad reports-----well, obviously we live in two different realities.
          Dave

Comment

Well dave - at least you willing to acknowledge it. That is a start IMO.

Perception vs Reality very different.
            One does require absolutely nothing - be it either hands on even any experience with it. The other does both.

Thank you for acknowledging this.

daveferg - "history" means nothing at all.

Russia was a true super-power and today a different country.New day daveferg - new things. Changes - they happen. One needs to experience them and then become qualified to make statements - that's all one needs to say. To get into this again with you is pointless - you have concrete biased opinion and that is stated fact by you.

Only thing I cannot grasp is this ----- why do you post here without any actual experience on products? On the old stuff - you seem to either state or infer you did have experience with I've never commented. I never used it-I was unqualified.
            But the new line, at least the 3650 I sure can ......
            I could wander into a CPA's office and state as much about the "opinion" matter as some do here on products. It would not hold up in tax court but I could make the opinion I guess. I wouldn't tho ---- it would be w/o any merit. And to me anyway, I'd feel and look like a fool.

Someone seems mighty mighty bitter

Comment

Hey gang - I've been there already too. Think I finally understand it all, someone's unemployed, someone's very anti-anything non-Emerson motorized, someone's really looking for the "bad guy" and today it's Rigid (for awhile at that).
              And what's even more amazing to me is this - that someone has major kinks in armor and subject to "implosion" vs the explosion he wants to highlight.
              Never seen someone do a crack-up online. Think I am witnessing it right now.
              Anyone hiring here? It might help out someone.

The latest <<< hush >>> threads:

\"NowhereMan, are you listenin\', do you know what you\'re missin\', NowhereMan....\" Fab Four

Comment

You know----it's really sad to see jerks like you people ruin what was once a very good forum. You can't argue facts, so you instead attack anyone who disagrees with you. Really sad.
                Dave

Comment

You know----it's really sad to see jerks like you people ruin what was once a very good forum. You can't argue facts, so you instead attack anyone who disagrees with you. Really sad.
                  David-David-David.
                  Everything I read here from owners is one thing and suggestions and solutions. Except for someone that is. What is sad is the gospel being preached by the non-user who cannot accept the fact that most like their equipment.
                  Disagreeing is one thing and ok, incessant bashing is another.
                  That factually is the issue David. We like. You don't. Yet you act as Resident Minister.
                  \"NowhereMan, are you listenin\', do you know what you\'re missin\', NowhereMan....\" Fab Four

Comment

Actually DaveFerg, I don't think it's a case of "jerks like you people" ruining this board. I think it's a case of people like those you are trying to insult wanting to take their board back from "jerks."

Comment

Hi guys.

It is interesting how much ink was used in this thread on Daveferg. Is there some way the viewing mass can read what all have to say on a specific topic and draw on what the majority have to offer and use that info to aid them in their decision?

I am a Dewalt person but am slowly converting new tool purchases to ridgid. Since no one has any real extended usage experience with the tools that ridgid introduced in november I am making the decisions based on how the tools have been performing for me. And all I can say is that I'm extremely happy with all of their performeance to date except the bag you get to carry the cordless kits. HEY RIDGID LOSE THE BAGS.

HAPPY WOODWORKING GUYS.

Comment

Dave is an idiot. He thinks because he has never read a post about an Emerson motor failure there never has been one. He should click on the following link and read what it says. Every manufhttp://www.usmotors.com/Service/Bulletins/Issue1-Oct02.pdfacturer of any product will have failures.

Comment

Originally posted by warren3283:
                          Dave is an idiot. He thinks because he has never read a post about an Emerson motor failure there never has been one.
                          Amen. Get's very old, doesn't it?

Comment

Daveferg needs to get a life.. He has posted almost 700 things in this forum in ± 9 months. On "woodnet" he has posted 7162 items in ± 22 months. Most of what he has said is negative about products that he knows nothing about. He claims woodworking is one of his hobbies but I doubt if he ever builds anything. He spends too much time at his computer bashing others. It will be a great day when he stops posting things on this forum> It would be an even greater day if he posted some information or maybe a woodworking tip that somebody could actually use.

Comment

I for one appreciated the post on the centrigual switch. It got my band saw running again. Though he sent it personally by email before posting it. It's very inlightening, and carefully written for a common person to understand, while stating if you don't, hire someone who is a professional in this area.

I am no professional in this area, and it did the trick for me. I greatly appreciate the help. And saved me the purchase of another bandsaw to get things done.

Any machine sold by any company with a motor equiped with this kind of switch, should have these instructions in the manual. It would save a heck of a lot of anguish for the consumer, and a great deal of work. I see it as a maintanence item. Over time, it can become out of adjustment. It should be in the trouble shooting section AND maintanence section of the owners manual.
                              John E. Adams<br /><a href=\"http://www.woodys-workshop.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.woodys-workshop.com</a>

Comment

Working...
                              X