X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dado blade

What size dado can you use on the Ridgid TS3650. Is the a size restriction or is it simply the blade must be rated for the proper rpms?

Re: Dado blade

You can use a 6" or 8 " blade diameter. You use a smaller diameter than 10" to increase the torque value at the teeth so you can remove more material without stalling the saw

Comment

Both an 8" or 6" dado sets will work on the 3650. The 6" set will put less stress on the motor and cut dados up to 1¼" deep. The 8" sets will give you the option to cut deeper dados. If at some time in the future you think that you might want to utilize a sled on your saw than the 8" set would probably be the better choice.
      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
        Both an 8" or 6" dado sets will work on the 3650. The 6" set will put less stress on the motor and cut dados up to 1¼" deep. The 8" sets will give you the option to cut deeper dados. If at some time in the future you think that you might want to utilize a sled on your saw than the 8" set would probably be the better choice.

didnt consider the Sled option. I have been looking at 6's guess ill start looking at 8s now.

Comment

I saw on another board that Amazon is currently running a 25% off sale on some of the Freud dado sets. The discount is given automatically at checkout but you have to make sure that you're placing the order with Amazon and not one of the other companies that offers the sets for sale. I think that would put the SD208 around $71 and the SD206 at about $64 delivered.
          Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Yup. That makes the SD208 $71.23 with free shipping.Thanks!

Comment

Great!

Does anyone know if Dial–A-Width Dado works with our TS3650?
              SD608 8” or SD606 6”
              Attached Files

Comment

I have not seen one on the 3650/3660, but from what I was told by a Freud rep, the 600 series cannot be opened to full width on the Ridgid saw because the thickness of the shoulders (dial adjusters) make it too wide to install the arbor nut. It will work at the smaller widths but I do not know what the max width would be on the Ridgid arbor.

Go
                Practicing at practical wood working

Comment

Originally posted by Gofor View Post
                  I have not seen one on the 3650/3660, but from what I was told by a Freud rep, the 600 series cannot be opened to full width on the Ridgid saw because the thickness of the shoulders (dial adjusters) make it too wide to install the arbor
                  I have a 8" Freud Super Dado and on my 3650 I can only get about 5/8" width & still use the washer & nut, If I leave the washer off I can get 23/32" which is good for 3/4" plywood. The max. cut with the Freud Super Dado is 29/32" so you woun't be able to use it's full width.
                  Last edited by Dwall174; 07-15-2008, 11:45 PM.

Comment

Just a quick reminder that when you use a dado set, you do not have to use the arbor washer. The thickness of the dado blade set is enough that you only need the arbor nut to sufficiently lock down the blades.
                    I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

Working...
                    X