X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BS14000 Band saw

Has anyone had trouble with the "pot metal" casting that secures the axle for the upper idler wheel?

In spite of the fact that I've relieved the blade tension after use (a pain), mine has deformed (bent) to the point where blade tracking adjustment is impossible.

I mailed Ridgid tech help but no reply.

The part you refer to is the pivot for the upper wheel. That part is die-cast zinc and we have had trouble on some of our early units with the arm creeping, meaning it slowly bends. You tell this is happening by the fact that the blade needs to be retracked everytime you go to use the machine. If you let it go long enough the arm will bend into the wheel as your's did.

The good news is that we have updated the part and solved the problem. Just email me your address and phone number and I will be happy to get that new part out to you.

Jake

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by JSchnarre:
      QB]The part you refer to is the pivot for the upper wheel. That part is die-cast zinc and we have had trouble on some of our early units with the arm creeping, meaning it slowly bends. You tell this is happening by the fact that the blade needs to be retracked everytime you go to use the machine. If you let it go long enough the arm will bend into the wheel as your's did.

The good news is that we have updated the part and solved the problem. Just email me your address and phone number and I will be happy to get that new part out to you.

Jake[/QB][/QUOT

Jake:

Thanks for your response:

My Address: Giles Van Duyne
      12007 South State Road 33
      Groveland, FL 34736

Looking forward to getting the part.

Giles

Comment

hello jake,

i will be getting the bandsaw this weekend. is there something i can check if the unit i am getting has this old part or the new improved part, e.g. serial number starts with ...

thanks

Comment

Jake:

Today I received and installed the replacement part. As you know it is still a die cast piece but is more beefy. Must I still relieve the blade tension at the end of each session (it's a real pain)?

Giles [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JSchnarre:
            The part you refer to is the pivot for the upper wheel. That part is die-cast zinc and we have had trouble on some of our early units with the arm creeping, meaning it slowly bends. You tell this is happening by the fact that the blade needs to be retracked everytime you go to use the machine. If you let it go long enough the arm will bend into the wheel as your's did.

Jake
            <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JSchnarre:

Jake
              <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jake, I have the same question, is there any way to identify the upgraded saw (with improved upper pivot wheel, and TEFC motor). I too plan to purchase the BS1400 soon. Thanks for your help.

Comment

Working...
              X