Satisfied with HD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Satisfied with HD

Bought my 3612 about 4 or 5 weeks ago from my local Home Depot (they had one on display.) Note that there is a Lowes about 500 yds down the street on the south side.

Anyway, it took a while to get a lift truck driver to get my saw down from the racks. Once down, they asked me to pull my truck up to the front. Once the saw was loaded, they asked how I was going to get it off the truck. I said pray.

Two guys from HD took off their orange, followed me home, helped unload it, and refused all forms of tip.

I like HD!

Wow, nice story. Hope you let their boss/store manager know. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    ================================================== ====
    All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Comment

Very nice! I used a ramp system to get the big box outta my pickup back in 2000 when I bought my saw...it was very interesting to say the least!

It's good to hear they are nice where you are. We have some pretty good guys at the HD Supply in Mesquite.
      Kelly C. Hanna<br /><a href=\"http://www.hannawoodworks.com\" target=\"_blank\">Hanna Woodworks</a>

Comment

When I brought my first saw home I slid it back out of my wife's Blazer and tilted it down carefully and slipped a hand truck under it with it standing on the end. This was pretty easy to manage this way.

Good to hear that the staff was so helpful, they and the manager must have read the HD founder's book. "Built from Scratch" is a good book and gives the whole story before the founders cashed out. Things seem slightly different now.

Comment

I'm so glad to hear others share their good experiences with HD. I have always had great service there and they always have what I need at the best price. I don't know what else I could expect. I know I would NEVER expect the special treatment you got!

I think HD, like so many places, gets beaten down by the few squeeky wheels that had bad experiences. It's unfortunate that we live in a society that is so quick to criticize and so stingy with its praise.

Thank you for sharing!

Comment

There are certainly great stories about individuals at HD. We've had some great dealings with a young fellow at their tool rental department---extremely helpful and knowledgable---called the manager to relate this.

However, they still have a long way to go. Glad you got the 3612----two HD's near me still don't have one on display and the display models of the 2424 both have broken parts---no discounts/closeouts, etc. Realy dumb!!
            Dave

Comment

Working...
            X