3650 TS rip fence warning label

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3650 TS rip fence warning label

Has anyone thought about removing the warning label on top of the rip fence . I made a duplicating T stile jig to mount with T nuts when I tighten it it makes the jig rock . it is inbetween the 2 T tracks on the top of the fence about 1/16 thick . what do yal think .

Re: 3650 TS rip fence warning label

Its your saw now, so you can do what you want. As long as you don't need the reminders, get rid of it (I have had mine 2 years and had to go look at the fence to see what you were talking about!! ) If you re-sell it, please make the new owner aware of the obvious if they are a novice, or include the manual which has the same warnings in it..

Of course, if you live where there are more ambulance-chasing lawyers than woodworkers, you may want to just add additional packing tape to level it out and preserve it!!

JMO

Go
    Last edited by Gofor; 06-22-2008, 08:15 PM.
    Practicing at practical wood working

Comment

Are the bolts all on the same side?
      Andy B.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy B. View Post
        Are the bolts all on the same side?
        What bolts? There are no bolts holding down the warning tape on my fence?

To the OP, just remove the tape and be done with it. The last time I looked, although it's getting harder and harder to live this way, this is still a free country.
        ================================================== ====
        ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

Yes, I have found it to be a PITA. I understand that they need to put the warning label on there, just wish it left a smooth top surface that didn't affect your jigs. I have not removed mine, but I might. I am thinking a heat gun on low will soften the adhesive up and make for an easy removal, then clean an residue off and you are good to go.
          "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
          John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

How about buy or borrow some mailing labels from the office or office supply store and put them on your fence to "level" the surface. You know, labels the whole length and width should stop your jig from rocking. Ugly, but effective, maybe?

Comment

Ha! Warning label? What warning label? I didn't know there was one. What do it say?

I was going to build a jig to allow me to cut thin slices close to the blade, but abandoned the idea when I felt that lump on top. Now I know why the fence has a lump.

Incidentally, Long Hair on this Forum shared a better way to do the job anyway. Works like a charm! Thanks to you Amigo.

Blind Bill

Comment

Working...
              X