X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS 3660 "Clunk"! on startup

My new TS 3660 has a pronounced "clunk" when I turn it on. Much more startling than the Jet I used to own. I'm thinking there is a tweak for the Motor/Belt/pulley setup that I'm missing. Is there a certain amount of belt tension I should be going for to reduce this? I am using the factory pulleys and belt.

Thanks!

Re: TS 3660 "Clunk"! on startup

Sounds more like a belt alignment problem to me. I'd suggest that you get out the Owners Manual and run through that part of the setup once again.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Mine did too at the beginning. So I did as B.D. said and tighten up the belt a little stronger, now it sounds just fine, that was over 2 years ago....
      Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

I tried to adjust mine by the book and it did not get it correct. Someone on this site told me to raise the saw blade all the way up and adjust the belt until there was just enough room between the motor mount and the motor screws so that when you mashed the belt together the motor mounting would touch the mount on the frame. With my blade all the way up I have 1 inch or a little less between the motor and the mount on the frame. When I mash the belt together the mounts barely touch.I have not had anymore problems with the motor.

Comment

Working...
        X