X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS 3650 Dust collection options

SHMBO told me I need to do something about the dust in my shop, which shares its space with the cars in the garage. I currently use a shop vac connected to the dust chute. I told her I would need to get a dust collector to get more of the dust, and she said then get one.

So now I can say "you told me to buy it".

Well I plan to buy the PSI DC2000B, based on the reviews in wood magazine a few months back. And it fits my budget.

Do I connect it to the dust chute like the shop vac (using appropriate adaptor) or should I use a dust hood at the bottom of the saw's "box"?

If I use the hood, do I take the dust chute off of the blade cover?

Any recommendations will be greatly appreciated

Re: TS 3650 Dust collection options

i just connected a shop vac to the factory port. it does a pretty good job although not 100%
    there is still a lot of stuff that falls to the floor and a whole lot of dust that comes off the blade at the top of the saw

i think a hood on the bottom would possibly catch the stuff that falls to the floor but im not sure its worth the extra hassle. id spend the extra time trying to catch the airborne dust at the top of the saw

Comment

You're moving up to a much larger DC than a shop vac, the air flow rate (CFM) is much higher. If you were to connect it to that little dust port on the blade guard it would be starved for air and you would have not to zero flow. A DC is a different type of machine than a shop vac. A DC (Dust Collector) is high volume and lower pressure generally speaking. Get or build a pan for the bottom of the saw's "box" as you call it. There will still be way more than enough openings to allow full flow through the DC. If you buy or build your own device to seal off the back of the TS you will be doing even better. There would still be enough openings to allow full flow to the DC. A DC will be easier on your ears too which you will appreciate no doubt.

Do a little searching on the woodworking forums and you will fnd some ideas from a few people on how to handle this.
      ---------------
      Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
      ---------------
      “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
      ---------
      "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
      ---------
      sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Woodcraft has a dust collector accessory in their current monthly flyer that might work for you. It is $29 I think.
        ---------------
        Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
        ---------------
        “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
        ---------
        "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
        ---------
        sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Working...
        X