No announcement yet.

Table Saw - Panel Doors - Stiles and rails

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Table Saw - Panel Doors - Stiles and rails

I am now the proud owner of a TS3612.

Looking to make panel doors... Don't own a router yet.

I need to learn the basics of panel doors and would like to use my 3612 to:

1) Make the cuts into the edges of the boards to hold the panel.
    2) use a molding type blade to add some interest 3) to the inside edge of the boards (closest to panel)
    find out what I need to know about joining the corners and completing the doors.

Is there a pro or Ridgid person out there that can point me to the details and a list of items I will need, specifically for the TS3612?

Thanks in advance for any input!

I use a router to make my raised pannel doors, you may be able to use the Ridgid cutter head.
    You can search Ridgid Woodworking accessories.
    The panel may be cut with the blade or the cutters.
    The pannel groves may be cut the blade, Use it like a dado
    Maybe someome who uses these cuuters will jump in.
    Good Luck

Here is a book on the basics:

and the link:

Making the grooves in the rails and stiles is easy on your table saw. As for the door panel, a flat panel is easiest (using 1/4" plywood). You can make raised panel doors with your saw and there is an article in "American Woodworker" Sept. 02 issue #95 about that. It's also covered in the Proulx book above. I just built some shaker style flat panel doors and chamfered the all the edges on the rails and stiles. Did it all on my table saw. It's easy to do and you just got a great saw to do it with. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Hello All,

I just finished some inset panel doors for a project using the TS2400 and my SCMS. For the frames I used one blade from the dado set (3/16" grove in 11/16" plywood)fortunately this works out 1/4" from the blade to the fence cut from both faces of the stile and rail. ie. a single dado blade set 1/4" from the fence and the work piece run through on one face and then the other will give you a 3/16" groove with 1/4" shoulders.

As for the raised panel, I cut this on the tablesaw with a jig that runs against the fence set at 12 degrees. The advantage of this system allows the panel to be clamped to the jig and the table saw blade can remain at 90 degrees.