Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help :) looking at ts 2424

hi all
    i am looking at the ts 2424 at my local HD but i need to be able to cut 42+ inched to the right of the blade...... can i just set the fence rails that comes with the saw al the way to the right so i can make the cuts or is the a aaccesory kit that i can get for the saw that can extend the fence to my needs. i will be using this saw to mainly cuting plywood and some of my cuts must be wide... all the saws that i looked at are only 24 to 30 inches to the right of the blade ...
    thanks for your help guys
    brian

Brian,
    I have the ts2424 and did exactly what you are talking about. I just moved the rails over more to the right since I never use the fence on the left side. I moved mine over far enough to achieve about 38.5 inches to the right; I just went out and looked at mine and there is no reason I see why I couldn't have went to 42" or even more, I was just shooting for 36" and gave myself a little error margin. Be prepared: I did have to drill new holes in the left extension for the bolts to support the left side of the front & aft rails since the old bolt holes were way out on the end now. But, that's not too big a deal, 5 minutes of work there. Also, you will need something to support between the front & aft rails way out to the right. This comes with the whole new fence that ridgid sells, but you can buy it seperately online for like $15 (incl S&H). That's what I did and it works great!!
    Chad
    P.S. Don't forget your going to need a new tape measure. www.rockler.com or www.woodcraft.com has them.
    Goodluck

[ 06-29-2001: Message edited by: ccj1992 ]

Comment

hi there ccj

i just bought the TS 2424 from sears for about 150 less that HD sells it for...then i bought the router table extion kit that sears sells and put it to the end of the table ext. which gave me the suport that i need between the rails and also gave me some more table space as well...

i bought that table ext. for 70 bucks sence i was buying the saw the guy gave me a brake on the table ext.. and now i got a router table as well

i love this set up.. and it works great....

just to let u know
      brian

Comment

Brian, are you sure you bought a
        Ridgid TS2424 from Sears? Ridgid has an exclusive agreement with Home Depot. Sears does not sell Ridgid Table saws.

Emerson/Ridgid stopped making equipment for Sears several years ago
        Dick

Comment

Brian,
          Cool idea. Never even occured to me that sears would make such an extention. But now that you say it, makes sense; the rigid ts 2424 and sears' equivalent saw are pretty similar, 'specially the fences. Do you remember what the model # of the router extention kit was so I can go to sears & take a look see?
          oh, yeah; how far over did you end up positioning your rails? how big a cut can you take now?
          thanks for the info and idea.
          chad

Comment

rite now i got the rails to cut up to a 36 inch to the left and 12 to the right and i can do more if i need to...

and the saw i got is the same as the 2424 but it says craftsman on it and the cataloge # is 22849N and the router table extintion # is 25351....

all i did is add legs to the end of the table to keep it from tipping over if some on leaned on the end...

i will post some pics tomarrow for anyone that wants to do the same...

thanks brian

Comment

Working...
            X