X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setting angle of blade to 45.

I have read the thread about having to loosen the trunion bolts on both trunions to get the front and rear in parallel.
    My blade is parallel to the miter slot and sets at 90 just fine. But when I try to turn the adjusting wheel to move the blade to 45 it moves with little effort until it gets to about 37 degrees and then the rest of the way is like trying to move a very heavy object. I really have to put a lot of force to get it to 45. I just learned this because the work I have done since I got the saw in Dec. has been at 90 and using jigs to make 45 cuts for frames. Could this also be caused by the trunion problem.
    James

Re: Setting angle of blade to 45.

My saw started to do this also, just recently. I have had no time to look at it. So hopefully someone w/knowledge can give us the direct answer and we don't have to spend 8 hrs trying to figure this out. I too was thinking it could be the trunnions....
    Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

The first thing that I would look for is a build-up of sawdust on the underside of the saw. If that proves to be the case then give the under carriage a good cleaning. Once you've cleaned it, spray the area with a good quality dry lubricant such as Dow Corning #321 Dry Film Lubricant.
      Last edited by BadgerDave; 07-14-2008, 11:08 AM.
      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
        The first thing that I would look for is a build-up of sawdust on the underside of the saw. If that proves to be the case then give the under carriage a good cleaning. Once you've cleaned it, spray the area with a good quality dry lubricant such as Dow Corning #321 Dry Film Lubricant.
        Dave steered ya straight on the fix for this problem.
        ---------------
        Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
        ---------------
        “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
        ---------
        "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
        ---------
        sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

I'll check it out right after my dinner and let cha know if this is my problem....
          Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Mine also does this to some extent and has for the 2+ years I have owned it. One of the reasons for the increase in torque needed is that when you get past a certain point, you are lifting the weight of the motor just with the hand crank/screw rod, and the motor isn't light. As long as it isn't gouging the track in the front or rear trunnions, I wouldn't worry about it.
            One anomaly I have found is that I seldom have to clean off the stop ledge going to 45 bevel, but if I do much 45 cutting, I always need to clean off the stop ledge for 90 before I can get it fully vertical again. I always check mine with a square or an angle guage as I have little faith in the indicators. But then, i always measure fence to blade with a scale when making a critical width cut also, so maybe its just me.

Go
            Practicing at practical wood working

Comment

Oh man, my saw underneath was packed with saw dust. The bottom layer was almost like caked on. She moves much easier now, until my last 1*-2*, then I still have to crank a little harder on the handle to get her to 0*. At the 45* angle is just fine.

I'll spend some more time on my saw tomorrow night, hopefully I didn't bend something trying to always crank her into position...

Comment

Working...
              X