TS3650 angle indicator

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS3650 angle indicator

I set the blade to 45 degrees, confirm with a square, then set the indicator arm. But when I return it to 0 degrees, the blade is correct according to the square, but the indicator arm is about an 1/8" away from the 0 mark.

Re: TS3650 angle indicator

Go get yourself one of these and don't worry about anything else. This is all I use anymore and I never have to guess or worry that I'm slightly off.... Click the link, this is well worth the extra dollars.....

http://www.woodcraft.com/family.aspx?FamilyId=5894
    Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

garager has the right idea. The Wixey and also the Beall angle guages take all the guess work out of setting the angle of the blade. They also are great for squaring up the jointer fence to the jointer table, aligning the DP table to the drill chuck and tons of other uses.
      ================================================== ====
      ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

I've never relied on any tool's built-in angle measurement. They never seem to be accurate. Like Garager, I have the Wixey digital angle finder. GREAT tool! I can't say enough good things for it.
        I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

I too have the Wixey digital gage and love it. it is so much better than trying to see the light between a blade and a square. as the others have said buy it, you wont be disappointed

Comment

Thanks all for the advice. I will purchase a Wixey Digital Angle Gauge. It is exactly what I need.

Comment

craiga, do some shopping around for that Wixey. They usually sell for around $39 but someone usually has them on sale for around $30 or so.
              ================================================== ====
              ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

I have no affiliation with the company, just did a search like BD mentioned and this is the cheapest I've found so far. Now to figure out how to buy it without my wife noticing the money missing from the account.

http://www.craftsmanstudio.com/html_p/C019003.htm

Comment

Check for buckling in your case. This is throwing off my angles most significantly at 45 degrees.

Comment

I have a question on the wixey digital guage. Will that work if the saw is not on a level surface? I would think it would need some sort of reference and if the saw sits on a floor thats not level how does the guage work?

Comment

Good question. There's a button to zero out the reading to whatever reference angle you want. In this case one would zero it out to the table of the saw in order to set the reference plane and then measure the angle of the blade in reference to the table.

Comment

Originally posted by tgmorris View Post
                        Good question. There's a button to zero out the reading to whatever reference angle you want. In this case one would zero it out to the table of the saw in order to set the reference plane and then measure the angle of the blade in reference to the table.
                        Interesting. I was thinking something to the effect you need to start with the blade at a perfect 90 degree angle before the wixey could be used. But using the table surface is much easier and removes some user error if the blade wasnt perfectly set at 90 degrees first. I think I am going to get one - my bday is coming up, good excuse to buy myself a new tool.

Comment

Originally posted by Pez View Post
                          I have a question on the wixey digital guage. Will that work if the saw is not on a level surface? I would think it would need some sort of reference and if the saw sits on a floor thats not level how does the guage work?
                          The Wixey does not require the TS to be level, though for the operator it is usually nice if it is.

The Wixey measures the angle relative to where you zero it, so if you place the gauge on the TS top and zero it out then wehn you stick it to the blade using the magnets and tilt the blade it will measure the angle in relation to the table top.
                          "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
                          John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

Originally posted by Pez View Post
                            you place it on the table and press the Zero button. then put it on you're blade and it will show the difference in angle.
                            the gauge doesn't care if the table is level or tilted 20 degrees, it will show the angle between the two planes.

Comment

You can zero it out to the table top and thus ensure your 45 degree (or whatever) is accurate in relation to the table top.

Comment

Working...
                              X