X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for MSUV Users

I'm attracted to the MSUV, or one of the competing products, because of my need to stow everything away compactly in my garage. However, when I look at them I don't see how to set up a fence or stop blocks on them. Has someone built a jig or attachment to fill this need, or am I simply missing something obvious? It wouldn't be the first time.

Terry B.

Re: Question for MSUV Users

The stop block is the L-iron at the bottom of the roller.

Instead of the board setting on top of the roller, the end of the board
    sets against the L- Iron below the roller.

Adjust the roller high and the end of your board sets on and against
    the L-Iron for repeatable cuts. not very close to the blade but
    it is a stop block never the less, I have used it on several occasions.
    Last edited by Davet; 07-15-2008, 02:45 PM.

Comment

The MSUV is intended to be a jobsite saw stand where close enough results are usually good enough. Yes, the MSUV has stops and rollers but if you're looking for repeatable accuracy you might end up disappointed. That being said, I love my MSUV(older style) and wouldn't have any other manufacturers version.
      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

I also love my older MSUV, and I really think its the best one out there....
        Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Originally posted by garager View Post
          I also love my older MSUV, and I really think its the best one out there....
          FYI: The "older" version of the MSUV is pretty tough to find so
          if anyone is looking for something similiar, check out the Craftsman Professional BenchTop Tool Stand model# 009-22338 http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...22338&sLevel=0

It is similar to the older MSUV plus a worklight, 10ft cord, integrated safety switch, folds up and has a flat working surface like the "older" Ridgid MSUV

Comment

I have the new version of the MSUV (AC9944). I find it hard to believe that there is a better version out there made by someone else. I'm still trying to figure out what Ridgid "forgot " to include when this was designed. I have it folded up ready to go in the corner of my shop, what a time saver. I really don't think you can do as good for the same money with another brand, I sure haven't seen any. Everyone I show it to comments on how well thought out it is.

I paid $169 for mine but negotiated it down to $135. The MSUV was all that the Manager said he could discount because the TS3660 and R4121 that we were also buying were on sale. After our salesman suggested we apply for the contractors card we got an extra $100 off the total. Each item had a portion of the $100 taken off. When the MSUV went on sale for $99 I returned with my receipt for a refund of the difference. In the end it cost me about $15.

Also thanks to everyone for the heads up on the $99 price.

Comment

Originally posted by reConx View Post
              FYI: The "older" version of the MSUV is pretty tough to find so
              if anyone is looking for something similiar, check out the Craftsman Professional BenchTop Tool Stand model# 009-22338 http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...22338&sLevel=0

It is similar to the older MSUV plus a worklight, 10ft cord, integrated safety switch, folds up and has a flat working surface like the "older" Ridgid MSUV
              That's a close copy of the RIDGID Original MSUV all right. The text says 10" pneumatic tires but they don't look that tall in the photo. I like the idea of the included cord w/safety switch, didn't see what the cord was rated for, hopefully its 12 Ga wire and with severe service jacketing (SO or SOJ) .
              ---------------
              Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
              ---------------
              “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
              ---------
              "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
              ---------
              sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Working...
              X