No announcement yet.

Check This Out

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was just thinking that I'm really glad I got all my Ridgid tools while they are still of such great quality! It's not just that they have a lifetime warranty, but Ridgid tools always seem to be the best, or nearly the best in tool reviews. As long as I can always get parts, I'm glad to have the "good stuff". All I can say is that I when I work with my tools, I'm really glad to have them. I've got some craftsman tools as well, and do they have a lifetime warranty? Heck no! But I can get parts when I need them, that's all I really care about. And I know Craftsman isn't the best tool out there.
    Get 'em while they're still quality!

Comment

One more thing... If Emerson went out of business tomorrow, people would be rushing to get those last Ridgid tools. Why? Because they were made with a lifetime warranty in mind. Theyr'e awsome tools that will last you your lifetime. Never mind if they wouldn't be making parts anymore, there are enough Ridgid owners out there to justify making after market parts for Ridgid! And if no company would, they I believe I just found my next business venture!

Comment

Just more proof that ridgid management is a group of morons. When the hd ridgid exclusivity contract expires ridgid should let it stay dead. Then they should have sold their goods on the open market and internet like the better managed companies. Imagine ridgid available at lowe's, sears, and even costco. Their sales would increase at least 100% and the price to the customer would drop. Ridgid should sell their products at the same places that milwaukee, dewalt and makita sell. But what can I expect from a group of fools?
        www.TheWoodCellar.com

Comment

I haven't purchesed any Ridgid yet. I have looked at Ridgid a lot. But now I think I'll stick with major tool manufactures. I have found that Porter Cable & Makita make good reliable electric hand tools & Grizzly makes good floor model tools.
          Darn I\'ve stretched this board 3 times & it\'s still to short.

Comment

I haven't purchesed any Ridgid yet. I have looked at Ridgid a lot. But now I think I'll stick with major tool manufactures. I have found that Porter Cable & Makita make good reliable electric hand tools & Grizzly makes good floor model tools.
            Darn I\'ve stretched this board 3 times & it\'s still to short.

Comment

I must say I am very disappointed. I hate to see any company that makes a quality product drop out of the business. When a good product fails, and it does happen, you've got to look at the sales and marketing group. I'm not a Home Depot basher (Lord knows I spend more time there than at all other stores combined), but it probably isn't the best place to sell serious woodworking tools. I only hope that Home Depot finds someone other than Ryobi to make the "new" Ridgid tools.

Comment

BOB DUEKER:

Can you tell us anything about the changes?
                Patrick

Comment

I was just about the buy the Ridgid TS 3612 and TP 1300. I am glad I saw this before I made the purchase. I am planning to reconsider my options. Grizzly makes some good affordable table saws and Delta and DeWalt make good planners. I need to look them over again.

As a product design engineer, I think two things are important for a good product. 1) A good manufacturing site that has quality control in mind. 2)A good design created using good judgement and controls. I thought the Ridgid product had both of these but this arrangement makes me wonder if they have control over either now.

Chad

Comment

Grizzly makes some good affordable table saws

Chad, you are aware that Grizzly does not -make- anything at all, right? They are importers, like Jet. And, seemingly soon to be, ETC/Ridgid.

Dave

Comment

Dave,

Yes I am aware that Grizzley doesn't do the manufacturing but they have been making good tools without performing the manufacturing for years. Emerson/Ridgid has not and I am not sure that I want to be the guinney pig for this experiment.

Chad

Comment

Chad,
                        If you buy one that is on the shelves today, it should be irrelevant, they were made by the Emerson employees. However, I wouldn't want to wait too long.
                        Bill

Comment

Would the "new" Ridgid tools still have a life time warranty? If they do, then presumably they would have to be constructed with quality in mind or they would be flooded with expensive warranty repairs.

I too have been on a buying spree of Ridgid tools because of their high quality and life time warranty. Maybe I'll have to look at Delta or others for my new drill press I'm planning on buying

Comment

Boy, this kind of say's it all...From the main web page, select "news and events", "What's Hot", and then "Woodworking". This is either ironic, or someone didn't waste anytime pulling the plug...

Comment

This sucks! I just recently purchased a TS3612 and the jointer and I love the quality and performance. I guess I better rush and get the band saw and planner while they still have them on the shelf. I'll have to max out my credit card with mothers day and kid's birthday coming up but it will be well worth it.

Comment

...Grizzley doesn't do the manufacturing but they have been making good tools without performing the manufacturing for years. Emerson/Ridgid has not...

How many of the Ridgid woodworking tools do you think were actually built at the Tennessee plant? The jointer wasn't... The bandsaw wasn't... The drill press wasn't...

I think ETC has been outsourcing manufacturing for quite a while now.

Dave

Comment

Working...
                                X