Jointer price

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Tonka!

On another topic being discussed today, I indicated that the TP1300 surface planer was being sold in the Brampton area for $399. I only became aware of the $399 price on the Rigid jointer planer when I got home and saw your comments. Right away, I went down to the HD that just opened up in Orangeville this summer. Up until now, they didnt stock any of the jointer planers. But WOW, they now had three of the puppies. Only problem was that they didnt have a SKU listed on their inventory system so they could not confirm the low price you had indicated in the Ottawa area. I had them put one of the three units on HOLD for me until they confirmed the $399. When they do, this boy is making a bee-line down to pick it up. Buy it on the HD card and with taxes it gets you to have no interest - no payment for 6 months. That is a good deal too! I havent heard if there are new models coming out to replace this stock like there is for the table saw. Anybody know whats happening!?! [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Chris Berg

Comment

I checked the local HD at lunch yesterday in Kenner, LA. Still had it priced at $399. The manager checked the computer and it was still listed as an "active" item and she couldn't discount the price.

There's got to be a way to have the HD's match there own prices? Moderator, can you help?
      keep makn\' sawdust!...just don\'t breath any.

Comment

Attention Central Ontario shoppers!!!

The Orangeville HD has 3 (thats three ONLY) Rigid 6 inch jointer planers in stock at $399 CDN. They confirmed the sale price this morning! Thats $280 USD for our friends south of the Border.... not bad!

Like I said before, RUN!!! Dont walk to your local HD.

Actually, I can walk as they are holding one of the jointers for me to pick up this evening!

Bergybits
        Chris Berg

Comment

Any idea what the freight is to New Orleans?

Comment

I check one of our four local stores daily on the jointer price. Now I just keep the SKU number with me and call

With the prices the way they are up in Canada maybe there is still hope for lower prices here? I asked one of the managers if they wanted to make me a deal if I bought the jointer, planer and Porter Cable brad nailer kit at one time. At least he didn't laugh in my face
            Alan
            My Shop

Comment

Hey All,
              I just happened upon a great deal on the jointer/planer, brand new in the box for $299 in Long Island. I initially went in to the Depot to see if the bandsaws were being discounted and discovered they had two jointers in the overhead. The manager said they hadn't sold one in over a year and really wanted to move them. So, I walked out with a bandsaw and jointer/planer for 299 each. Not too shabby!
              I suppose the price will depend on the store and how badly they need the space. I must say though, that every other Depot I went to, the managers didn't budge on their price. I guess I got lucky.

Comment

You definitely found a cherry, Hog.

I'm going to call the manager of each of the local HD's tomorrow and see if any of them will match the price in Canada. I even called the HD in Orangeville, Ontario and confirmed the $399CA price. I'm going to gat a manager to make the same call. I hope it works.

CAN ANY OF THE RIDGID PEOPLE HELP US OUT?

[ 10-02-2003, 10:36 PM: Message edited by: Greg's Garage ]

Comment

Originally posted by cherryhog:
                  I suppose the price will depend on the store and how badly they need the space. I must say though, that every other Depot I went to, the managers didn't budge on their price. I guess I got lucky.
                  First of all congrats! Now why can't all managers be like the one where you made your purchase

Greg, keep us posted on your progress. I guess I need to call the managers at all our area stores and see if one will make a deal.
                  Alan
                  My Shop

Comment

No luck so far. @ managers have told me that they are only required to match prices "within their region", wether it is a competitor or even their own company.

I haven't given up yet. Will keep you advised.

Comment

I contacted 7 local HD's. No Luck.

I did speak to one helpful and unusually knowledgable dept. manager named Tess. She varified the "within the region" price BS but, she said she'd make me a deal if the inventory wasn't sold by the end of the month. We'll see what happens.

She just returned from a seminar about the "new" RIDGID tools. She seemed to know her stuff....and added that the new cordless tools are selling quite well.

We need more educated salespeople like Tess at HD.

Comment

Greg,

I've been a little disappointed that Ridgid hasn't reduced the price of their jointer like their BS to $350 as well as other tools. Baton Rouge / Denham Springs both are at $399.

I will probably go with Grizzly's jointer unless I can get a deal with the Ridgid offering. Either way, if I hear or see any deals, I'll drop you a line.
                        Patrick<br />patrickssmith@cox.net<br />members.cox.net/patrickssmith

Comment

There is a jointer in th HD in Covington, LA. Its the display model and has considerable "dings and dinks" from the usual retail abuse. Trish, the dept. manager(she is awesome) will give me 15% off on this machine. Still only down to $339.

I think it will go further, eventually.

Comment

Hey Guys

Anyone looking for a jointer or a planer?

Well the Kanata Ontario store has 10 of each machine coming in within the next week or so.. (stuck in customs)

I got my claws and 1 off each myself.

Anyone interested contact my tool buddy in the hardware dept.

Tel# 613 271-7577.

bring in a tool this week and get an additional 10% off this already great sale price of $399. for each tool.

Comment

Greg, we don't need more people like Tess, Home Depot does. The sooner Emerson and Home Depot realize this the better it will be for all of the "buying" public. And it will also mean more profits for Emerson.

Comment

Working...
                              X