X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Accessories for TS2400LS

thanks Davet. that helps me when i loook at the pictures. i do like your sled. everyone here seems to be knowledgeable and willing to help.

Comment

OK, Thanks Dave. I probably won't get to Lowes or Sears for a while.
      Jim

Comment

JJCiesla

The upright, folded up foot print is:

47" high to the top of the handle X 25" wide X 18" deep this is with the blade guard off.

I always remove the guard when storing upright.

Dave
        Last edited by Davet; 08-03-2008, 11:40 AM.

Comment

These cell phone photos at the bottom may give a better Idea.

I was a Lowes today, the had a Bosch TS3000 on
          display, It measured 47" tall x 26" wide ...sorry I could not
          get the depth it had a bunch of stuff on the top and was
          pretty well buried in with the other displays.
          I would not think the depth could be much over the Ridgid.

The TS3000 is the Bosch with the T-slot for the miter gauge.
          Looking at the Bosch made me glad I bought the Ridgid.
          It has a real crappy fence in IMO.

Ridgid TS2400 Below
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Davet; 08-03-2008, 11:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Davet View Post
            Thanks RoyBullets.

My runners are made of oak. I bought a piece of
            3/8" thick X 3-1/2 " wide X 24" long from one of the
            big box stores and ripped them to have about .032
            clearance to my miter slot width.

I believe oak would hold up better than pine for being runners.
            When these oak runners wear out I'm thinking of using teflon
            or plastic.

"aluminum" that's an interesting thought.... Hummm

Dave
            I have been out of town since last week and just got back, so my sled jig building will have to wait until next weekend.

I do have some left over oak boards I bought for making some router dado jigs so maybe I will use those instead.

As for the aluminum I was thinking I could mount a couple of pieces a few inches in length on the runner in the miter slot. I thought since it is a perfect fit for the track it would help keep the wood runner from getting out of shape. I think I would have to mount it between the sled and runner instead of on the bottom of the runner so it will not slide into the "T" part of the T-Track.

Comment

Thanks for the storage dimensions Dave. And the pictures. Perfect!!
              Jim

Comment

.................................................. ........................................
                Snip:
                "levon,
                The runners are not as deep as my miter slot track. the washers
                are routed flush to the bottom of the runners. I will see if I can
                get some good snap shots of the runners in the slots this weekend."
                .................................................. .........................................

And what did I forget !
                Sorry levon, My memory is getting worse as I get older.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyBullets View Post
                  I have been out of town since last week and just got back, so my sled jig building will have to wait until next weekend.

I do have some left over oak boards I bought for making some router dado jigs so maybe I will use those instead.

As for the aluminum I was thinking I could mount a couple of pieces a few inches in length on the runner in the miter slot. I thought since it is a perfect fit for the track it would help keep the wood runner from getting out of shape. I think I would have to mount it between the sled and runner instead of on the bottom of the runner so it will not slide into the "T" part of the T-Track.
                  Welcome back Roy, sounds interesting, not sure quite how to
                  vision this? Keep us posted and don't forget the pictures..

Dave

Comment

I posted a reply to this the other day but looks like it disappeared. I will post some partial pics this weekend on the idea.

Comment

Originally posted by palwood View Post
                      I have just moved and I am without a shop for the time being. All my large tools are in storage, so I am going through withdrawls not having my tablesaw. I am highly considering purchasing the TS2400LS so I can do some minor construction help at a friends house, and also be able to build a few woodworking projects in my extra time. I would like to know what accessories Ridgid or any aftermarket companies have for this saw that will help it perform its duty more accurately and safely. So far I will be upgrading to an Incra miter guage. So, if you will, send me your advice on anything you may have done to upgrade your TS2400LS. Pictures of TSs and projects you have done will also me welcomed. Thanks PALWOOD
                      I have the Osborne EB3 for a miter guage, better than the Incra, also have the Wixey digital fence readout on mine and a zero clearance insert
                      Carpenters make the prettiest firewood

Comment

Jfacteau, how do you like the Wixey digital fence readout? I've been considering that for a while, since I go from thin-kerf to full-kerf blades fairly often. The Freud full-kerf is the same exact thickness as the original Ridgid blade, so I can leave the fence set for that. The problem is when I go to the WWII blade, the thin kerf throws off the fence measurement by at least 1/32". I've gotten into the habit of using a ruler to measure and set the fence, but the Wixey might be just the ticket. Is it easy to re-zero the Wixey?
                        I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

Originally posted by levon View Post
                          Davet:

i see the washer on bottom of the runnerand it looks like its attached with a screw. does this not scrape along the bottom of the miter track and mar the bottom? im not an expert lol, just wondering.
                          Ok... Here is the pictures I forgot last week, sorry about that.
                          These are oak runners with the tee slot washers recessed so
                          they do not scrape the bottom of the tee slot track.

Best I could do with my cell phone.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Dave the washerss are a great idea, no tipping! i see what you meant,pictures help an oldtimer who is notso knowledgable in woodworking.

thanks for the pictures, i have picked up more knowledge here than in all the time i watched norm and i do enjoy watching his show. glad there is a forum like this.

Levon

Comment

Working...
                            X