X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accessories for TS2400LS

I have just moved and I am without a shop for the time being. All my large tools are in storage, so I am going through withdrawls not having my tablesaw. I am highly considering purchasing the TS2400LS so I can do some minor construction help at a friends house, and also be able to build a few woodworking projects in my extra time. I would like to know what accessories Ridgid or any aftermarket companies have for this saw that will help it perform its duty more accurately and safely. So far I will be upgrading to an Incra miter guage. So, if you will, send me your advice on anything you may have done to upgrade your TS2400LS. Pictures of TSs and projects you have done will also me welcomed. Thanks PALWOOD

Re: Accessories for TS2400LS

Probably the first addition to the TS2400 is a replacement blade (or 2 or...). A good quality combination blade will go a long way to improving the cutting quality. The miter gauge, as you've already identified is high on the list. Then come ZCI's – you can buy or make these. If you buy ZCI's they are the same as for the TS3650. A router insert fits nicely into the space opened up when the table extension is slid open. (Do a search on here for TS2400 and router table for how it can be done.) Roller stands for in feed and out feed. Dado blade set (it will swing a 6" easily). Push blocks, feather boards. Sacrificial fence. Tapering jig, edge jointing jig. And the list can go on from there.

Any way these are the bits I've added to my TS2400. I've found it to be a great saw, of course it may not be quite a cabinet saw, but it can do very good work.
    Dick

Comment

The single best upgrade for my TS2400 was the cross cut sled I made
      for it.

Comment

Davet,

Do you have a pic of your sled. I am going build a few jigs as well from ideas I saw on the woodwright podcasts.

Thanks,
        Roy

Comment

The end performance of any saw is largely determined by the blade that's in it, so by all means get a good thin kerf blade or two. Forrest, Infinity, Freud.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyBullets View Post
            Davet,

Do you have a pic of your sled. I am going build a few jigs as well from ideas I saw on the woodwright podcasts.

Thanks,
            Roy
            Not at the moment, I will see if I can snap a couple Saturday.
            My sled is a full size sled with an adjustable back fence so it can be fine
            tuned or re squared if needed. It has adjustable stop blocks for repeatable
            cuts with a little micro adjust feature.
            I am pleased with the way it turned out, it's not a real pretty jig but
            is quite usefull and a jig that I use a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Davet View Post
              Not at the moment, I will see if I can snap a couple Saturday.
              My sled is a full size sled with an adjustable back fence so it can be fine
              tuned or re squared if needed. It has adjustable stop blocks for repeatable
              cuts with a little micro adjust feature.
              I am pleased with the way it turned out, it's not a real pretty jig but
              is quite usefull and a jig that I use a lot.
              Awesome appreciate any ideas or info you can share. There are a number jigs I want to build and looking for ideas on how to do it.

Last time I was at Rockler they had a 4' t-track kit, with bolts and knobs for $15. I picked it up knowing I would use it on my router table and now table saw for some jigs and aux fences. Also I found at Harbor Freight they carry a little push down clamp that I see a lot of people use for jigs.

I was happy to find my feather board fits from the router table and just need to put some diff bolts in the fence feather boards for them to work.

Thanks!

Comment

Well... here is my sled.
                Like I said It ain't pretty but boy it works great!

Please forgive the mess in the shop, I just brought back my
                stuff from my son's house.

Notice the sled is over size for handling large stock.
                I have washers on the rails to fit in the tee slot, which
                keeps the sled from tipping when pulled all the way forward.
                The stop blocks simply clamp in place with quick grips and
                are left with a gap on the bottom of the block to keep sawdust
                from collecting behind the stock that is being cut.
                Also look at the bottom of the stop blocks, there is a simple brass
                screw used as a micro adjust for fine tuning a cut.
                There is also a 45 degree block that clamps to the back fence comes in
                handy!

The front fence is oak. It is adjustable for when the fence gets out of
                square. It has a fixed screw on the right and screw on the left is in
                a slotted hole for adjustment.

Pulled forward no tipping. Oversized sled made cutting shelves up to 48"
                long easy and no rollers were needed.

stop block with screw in and out micro adjust screw, the gap on the bottom
                keeps saw dust from collecting behind the piece to be cut.

Repeatable cuts are a breeze!

Oak runners with washers for the tee tracks. Dang look at the dust!

45 degree block clamped to the back fence.

For the more images.. I will take you to may flicker account.

Click Here:
                http://www.flickr.com/photos/2827248...7606382431297/
                Last edited by Davet; 07-26-2008, 11:29 AM.

Comment

DaveT,

That is awesome!!! After viewing a couple of podcasts over at Woodsmith I have talked myself into building something like this.

Since I spent so much dough on tools this year I am out of cash for a lot of extras and I was wondering what to do about the miter bar. They run a little high price for some steel.

After looking around my garage I realized I had a bunch of pine strips left from the bookcase I just built that are 3/4" and believe or not I just figured out I could put a couple of washers on the bottom of the pine to ride the t-track. My other alternative is to use some leftover aluminum 1/8 x 3/4 stock I have.

I really appreciate the pics and sheer ingenuity of your sled! Hopefully I have not hijacked this thread too badly

Comment

Thanks RoyBullets.

My runners are made of oak. I bought a piece of
                    3/8" thick X 3-1/2 " wide X 24" long from one of the
                    big box stores and ripped them to have about .032
                    clearance to my miter slot width.

I believe oak would hold up better than pine for being runners.
                    When these oak runners wear out I'm thinking of using teflon
                    or plastic.

"aluminum" that's an interesting thought.... Hummm

Dave
                    Last edited by Davet; 07-28-2008, 10:38 AM. Reason: Changed runner clearance width.

Comment

Dave, that's a nice setup. I'm about to purchase a 2410 and have been looking for the floor space needed when it's folded up. (Very limited floor space) I've also been looking for the same information for the Bosch 4000-09. Can you help?
                      Jim

Comment

DaveT`

Comment

Davet:

i see the washer on bottom of the runnerand it looks like its attached with a screw. does this not scrape along the bottom of the miter track and mar the bottom? im not an expert lol, just wondering.

Comment

Davet

after reading my post it sounded condescending, what i meant is im a novice and i wondered how it worked?

Comment

JJCiesla,
                              I will be glad to give you the foot print dimensions on my TS2400.
                              they may vary slightly from the TS2410. I won't be back to my shop
                              until Friday or Sat. Maybe someone with a TS 2410 or a Bosch 4000-09
                              will chime in before then. You may also be able to get the dimensions on the Bosch 4000-09
                              on a display model at Lowes or Sears if they have one on display.

levon,
                              The runners are not as deep as my miter slot track. the washers
                              are routed flush to the bottom of the runners. I will see if I can
                              get some good snap shots of the runners in the slots this weekend.

Comment

Working...
                              X