X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't get a 3650 rip fence!

Anyone have any ideas on how I can get just the rip fence for a 3650?

The short story:

Got a 2424 without rails, decided to get cute and buy the 3650 set since people seem to like it better than the 2424 set, found the rails cheap on eBay, discovered that Ridgid parts doesn't have the fence itself "in its computer" and so can't sell me one.

Er....

Any ideas, anyone? Does anyone know of another rip fence that would be compatible with the 3650 rails? This is my first TS so I'm kind of clueless. Thanks for any input.

-DustyCat

Well----I've read so many conflicting stories here that if it were me, I wouldn't invest any more into this direction. Sad thing is, someone likely got a deal on the rails/fence you should have gotten, when HD finally found them.

I'd frankly go with another brand---Biesemeyer, Vega, etc. Do some hunting around. Someone said that Redmond Machinery had Biesemeyer 30" fences for $199 in their scratch and dent store.
    Dave

Comment

I thought there was an earlier discussion that the 3650 and 3612 had the same rip fence, despite different part numbers because of the different colors, etc.

I have found that the 3612 fence is excellent, so have no desire to move to a third party fence, but that is a possible solution.

Comment

I agree totally with Charlie. The fence and rails that came with my 3612 serve me very well. So far, the only folks I've heard complain about the RIDGID fence and rails are people that don't own a RIDGID fence and rail system.

As far as the fence and rails for the 3612 and the 3650 being the same except for colors, I'm pretty sure it was bdueker who said they were the same.
        Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

YAY! After several fruitless calls, someone at Ridgid customer service has promised to send me the fence assembly... for free! I was honest with her and told her that I'd bought the 2424, but she didn't have a problem with that.

It will probably be several weeks, but that'll just give me more time to get the rust off the top (did I mention that it's a very dusty rusty floor model?).

I'm impressed by Ridgid. I was standing with a DeWalt orbital sander and the Ridgid in my hand, bought the Ridgid because of the form factor, now I'm glad I did.

-DustyCat

Comment

I just purchased a new TS3650.
            I will not be needing or using the fence or the rails It's new in the box, and I'd be willing to sell it reasonably.

Comment

Thanks grey44ghost, I musta missed that. Did he happen to mention what the differences were? Except for the different colored tape measure, end caps and locking handle they look identical to me.
              Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

ryde2live,

I sent you an PM, on the 3560 rails and fence

Comment

DustyCat,

I sent you a Private Message as well. Check your profile page.

Thanks
                  murph

Comment

Working...
                  X