X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Used TS24120

Wanted to get the advice of an experienced person. I'm just starting out. I have the opportunity to buy the TS24120 Table Saw for $200. I've looked around and can't find anything comparable for cheaper. What do you recommend. Its used of course, but in great shape....anything I should look out for? Thanks.

Re: Used TS24120

This thread will give you a little more insight about the 2412.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Bought The TS24120 a few years back from Home Depot, and I became very ill with my liver and had to sell it, and now I've had a Liver Transplant and I'm feeling much better, and now I am sick over the fact that I sold it. It's far from being the best saw out there, but it will carry you as far as you want to go. It's got quite a large table and a great fence that lines up very parallel with the blade. I had absolutely no problem with mine, and wish I could find one for 200.00. Good luck with your saw and I hope I've given you a little insight.

Comment

+1 to the abovs thread. my 2412 has yet to encounter something it can't handle. as wdavishd mentions, it's not the best saw out there, as many more saws have more power and more features (dual voltage motors, greater rip capacity, better miter gauges, etc.). however, the gray model ridgid power tools carry a lifetime guaranty which keys off the serial number, not the registered owner of a tool. there is a very good chance that the 2412 you are looking at still carries it's lifetime guaranty. it is a great starter saw and while $200 may be a bit rich for a saw of that vintage, it is an excellent starter saw. HTH.
        there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Working...
        X