X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newbe R4330 needs complaints regrets

After much time spent researching thickness planers I went for Ridgid. This is my first thickness planer and three months later I have no regrets.

I planed pine, maple and red oak. VERY smooth finish.
    You will need some support for longer stock to minimize snipe. I use rollers on in- and out-feed and that helped a lot. The longest stock I planed was 8 feet and 6 inches wide at 1/32" shaved in each pass.
    In order to understand recursion, one must first understand recursion.

Comment

After months-years of study & research, I searched for a portable planer on eBay and found one.

I ended up getting an almost NEW DW735 for $400 delivered to my door ($323 + shipping).
      It looked like it was hardly used and in very good shape!

I am finally very happy to have a thickness planer!

I never could get ANY straight answers from Home Depot about the product and IT'S REPLACABLE KNIVES! I gave up!
      Have FUN! Joe ... www.woodworkstuff.net ..... My Small Gallery: http://www.ncwoodworker.net/pp/showg...0&ppuser=1389/

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Lyddon View Post
        I never could get ANY straight answers from Home Depot about the product and IT'S REPLACABLE KNIVES! I gave up!
        Isn't that sad?
        Why a company would choose one single outlet for their product and not make sure that there was reliable salespeople and/or support for that product, is beyond me.
        I personally have tried my best to buy products locally (30 miles away) only to get disgusted enough to go home and buy different models on-line because their on-line customer support actually answered my e-mails about concerns and unanswered questions in their advertisements.
        Very, very sad that Rigid sees Home Depot as a valuable retailer for their products.
        Do like you always do,,,,,,Get what you always get!!

Comment

You're 1000% correct!

I've often wondered why they're doing what they're doing...

Very sad.
          Have FUN! Joe ... www.woodworkstuff.net ..... My Small Gallery: http://www.ncwoodworker.net/pp/showg...0&ppuser=1389/

Comment

I found sets of the blades at Home Depot for $29.95 for 3 blade set and purchased a set just last Saturday morning.

I'm covered.

I love my planer.

Comment

Good for you! Good for them!!

Just a little too late for me... I love my DW735!

Glad to hear everyone is out of the woods now!!

Comment

Well yes I do agree the R4330 is a very nice planer but the bad news is NO HOME DEPOT IS NOT SELLING THE CORRECT BLADES.
                I'm sure that some HD's have finally corrected this problem but I have spent the last week tryin to find these blades in my area (Maryland) and have had no luck at all. And I Work at HD!!!
                I'm doing everything I can think of to get the stroes in this area to sell these blades but I'm running out of options.......and motivation.
                The real kicker is that every store that I've gone in to within 25 miles of my own, thinks that they are selling the correct blades.
                I am really glad to hear that this problem has been addressed in some stores but i sure would like to know how I can help to get this resolved in my area.
                I've either spoken to or written to everyonr I can think of and I hate to say it but HD has been pretty much nonresponsive.
                Anyone living in MD that knows of a store selling these blades......I'd love to hear from you 'cause I still need them.
                And yes I've already tried online etc..
                thanks.

Comment

... and the saga continues...

Unbelievable!!

Comment

Originally posted by rcp612 View Post
                    Isn't that sad?
                    Why a company would choose one single outlet for their product and not make sure that there was reliable salespeople and/or support for that product, is beyond me.
                    I personally have tried my best to buy products locally (30 miles away) only to get disgusted enough to go home and buy different models on-line because their on-line customer support actually answered my e-mails about concerns and unanswered questions in their advertisements.
                    Very, very sad that Rigid sees Home Depot as a valuable retailer for their products.
                    I belive Home Depot owns controlling intrest in Ridgid.

Comment

Working...
                    X