X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wood stock removal

This is related to the vanity project I’m working on. I need to install an undermount sink and the position of the sink opening is such that some of the wood need to be removed from the upper section of the vanity cabinet (from inside) so that the sink can slide forward a little and the overhang will be symmetric all around. So far I’ve done 3 sinks in the house and this is the last. I’ve been using a Dremel with a cutting bit to mill out the wood (if that’s the correct term) but it is painfully slow. Is there any kind of tooling to get this result that would attach to a hand drill or an angle grinder to help hollow out the wood.

Re: Wood stock removal

they make a disc thats gotta chain saw around the perimeter for carving, fits a 4.5" grinder.

Comment

woodcraft, king arthur tools lancelot

Comment

Yep, thats the tool, there are a few versions

Lancelot

Freestyle - Unlike a chain-saw circlet cutter, this woodcarver blade has no tendency to catch and skitter along the wood – potentially damaging the workpiece and possibly the user as well.

Industrial Cutter - What sets this tool apart from others is the industrial grade of tungsten carbide teeth that will cut through wire nails without a hiccup. If you happen to hit something harder, there is no need to stop and resharpen the tooth – you simply rotate the tooth for a fresh cutting edge

Read more here

Comment

Thanks - I will check these out.

Comment

If that's to aggressive try a die grinder, wood rasp with a 1/4" shank.

Comment

Fein Multimaster. The best invention since sliced bread,indoor plumbing,shirt pockets it has multiple applications and many accessories. they are expensive and the accessories are too but well worth the money when you see what they can do.

Comment

Working...
              X