X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emerson saw Under Craftsman name

When Emerson sold saws under the Craftsman name, did they offer a lifetime warranty on defects in material and workmanship?

Duke

My old Craftsman table saw manual doesn't say anything about a lifetime. Maybe, they didn't think they needed it what with Sears "satisfaction guarenteed" deal.
    Dave

Comment

The warranty for all Craftsman power tools is 1 year.

Jake

Comment

Jake,

does that include defects in workmanship, such as the arbor with a groove?

Duke

Comment

I really can't answer that due to the fact that Sears handles all warrenty claims and service issues. We were just the manufacturer. The last table saw we made for Sears was in 1998.

Jake

Comment

The ts2412 and the sears model 22839 look
            almost exactly the same.Is the sears model
            made by ridgid or what?

Comment

check the model number on the saw, by that I mean the one that is in the format xxx.xxxxxx
              if the first three digits are 113.xxxxxx then it is made by Emerson, if 315.xxxxxx then it's made by ryobi, and the list goes on.
              http://www.oldwwmachines.com/Craftsman/Craftsman.asp

This is a web sight that will give you a list of the three digit codes that Sears used to identify the source for each item.

interestingly on a recent trip to Sears, I found that the Craftsman dust collector is made by Emerson.

Duke

Comment

Working...
              X