X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home Depot and Pricing

I wonder why a Ridgid Jointer in Texas is advertised online for $399, but in Illinois it isn't even on the web? The 2 local HD's want $449. I'll look to spend my money elsewhere I guess. Too bad there aren't other places to buy Ridgid woodworking tools. Just a little rant on my part. I'll leave quietly....

The Ridgid Jointer is on sale for $399 at HD in Madison, WI. Even though you should'nt have too, I would think a call to HD Corporate would take care of the problem.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

The jointers are also $399 in the cleveland area as well. I would imagine that it is a mistake on their part to still be charging $449.

I also cannot see many things on-line. For some reason, they only seem to put things on the web that can be shipped UPS (in the Cleveland area anyway) I wish I didn't have to visit the store anytime I need to get a price on something.

Comment

It's not just the online stuff. I went into two locals HD's yesterday and was told the same thing. Not on sale and hasn't been on sale. Now I am even more confused if it's on sale in WI & OH too! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Comment

I would call the corporate office on Monday and talk to someone there. Generally, people who call the main office and complain get what they want.

When you went to the two local stores, did you speak with a manager, or just the salesman? that may make a difference.

Comment

$399 in Michigan.

Comment

I was told by an HD manger once that each store decides when the tools go on sale!
              Andy B.

Comment

Lowes and HD both have a policy of managerial discretion regarding sale an price matching. However griping to their corporate HQ usually gets action. When I went to my HD to get the Ridgid Jointer, I went with the ad from the Texas web page in hand. Technically if the product wasn't on sale in the store in your area, I would ask them to beat by 10% as if it was a competitor. They can't have it both ways. Either it's on sale at Home depot or it's not.

Comment

Print any web page with the lower price, it doesn't matter which HD its from. Take it to your local store and they will match it. I have done this several times. Dan
                  info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

Working...
                  X