X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bandsaw parts

I heard that ridgid parts may interchange with Craftsman parts.I am trying to find a 2 step pulley for a 12'' bandsaw that Sears no longer has. When i get the shaft measurements and pulley diameter is there a place in this site I can look around in? Any help would be appreciated.
    Last edited by lenny quenga; 07-27-2008, 12:29 AM.

Re: bandsaw parts

Originally posted by lenny quenga View Post
    I heard that ridgid parts may interchange with Craftsman parts.I am trying to find a 2 step pulley for a 12'' bandsaw that Sears no longer has. When i get the shaft measurements and pulley diameter is there a place in this site I can look around in? Any help would be appreciated.
    Hi, I see you are new to the Forum so let me start out by welcoming you and I hope you will hang around after you get an answer to your question. You don't have to be a RIDGID power tool owner to be part of this forum. The other bit of info is that I do not work for RIDGID so holds RIDGID's feet to the fire if I am not 100% correct in my statements, just blame me.

RIDGID does nor did they make Craftsman power tools. However, Emerson, which is RIDGID's parent company, DID make power tools under contract for Sears for many years. If your Craftsman BS is more than 6 years old there is a good chance it was made by Emerson for Sears.

I take it you have been to the Sears parts website and discovered that this particular part is no longer available. You most likely don't need to get this part from sears or Emerson, the pulley is no doubt a common off-the-shelf item. If you know the shaft diameter, the belt type/size, and the diameters of the pulleys on each step you should be able to find a replacement w/o much trouble. A local motor shop might be a good place to start, and you can always search and buy over the internet.
    ---------------
    Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
    ---------------
    “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
    ---------
    "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
    ---------
    sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Working...
    X