X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Johnsons paste wax

I just thought I'd share this fact. I picked up some Johnson's paste wax this past weekend at my local Home Depot. I had seen in some other threads that people were unable to find it at HD. It was in the cleaner isle, right with all of the other types of cleaners such as floor cleaners etc... which is usually near the garden tools.

Re: Johnsons paste wax

To my knowledge any wax product that contains carnauba wax in sufficient amounts is as a good substitute for Johnson paste wax.
    In order to understand recursion, one must first understand recursion.

Comment

The idea is anything WITHOUT silicone in it. Pure carnuba wax is the best. Thanks for the heads-up on where they keep the Johnson's wax.
      I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

Re: Johnsons Paste Wax

If you have a good ACE hardware store they carry it normally. Sometimes I see it at Lowes in the cleaning section where they have cleaner chemicals.

If you will have contact with bare wood be sure not to use automotive wax. Much if it contains silicone and that makes nasty marks on bare wood which leads to a real PITA mess to deal with.

If you can't find Johnson's, Butchers wood floor wax isn't bad.

Please do not use any floor finishes on painted metal and especially not on your car. Oh what a mess that can make.

With any wax on the top of a cast table like on a table saw, be sure to really buff it out well. Rub hard with a clean white cloth and be sure the cloth stays clean. If it come off on a cloth it can and will mess up unfinished wood.

Comment

Re: Johnsons Paste Wax

I've been using "DuPont Teflon Multi-Use Dry, Wax Lubricant" for the last couple years with good success. Never had any finishing problems because of it. Lowe's has it.
          Jim

Comment

I've been using "DuPont Teflon Multi-Use Dry, Wax Lubricant" for the last couple years with good success. Never had any finishing problems because of it. Lowe's has it.

That's fine for lubricant. But does it prevent rust formation? That's what i've always thought was the point of paste wax.

Comment

That's fine for lubricant. But does it prevent rust formation? That's what i've always thought was the point of paste wax.[/quote]

The short answer is "yes". It has a wax as part of the formula. I'm in South Florida which has high humidity levels. I've used the paste wax and still got rust formation. Since using the multi-use product I havent seen any rust development even after months. It's doing a fine job for me. Hope this helps.
              Jim

Comment

Working...
              X