Hardwoods in Boston area

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hardwoods in Boston area

Hi, I'm looking for a good place in the Boston area to buy hardwood for some projects. Does anyone have any suggestions? I know Anderson McQuaid sells some, but that's about the extent of what I know. I tried searching for them, there seems to be alot of them out there, but not sure what's a 'good' one.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Re: Hardwoods in Boston area

It might be a bit of a trip for you, but Highland Hardwoods in Brentwood, NH, has a really good selection. Up I 95 it's probably around 60 miles, about an hour and a half. You don't have to pay sales tax unless you're very scrupulous around state income tax time about the Mass. "sales and use tax." Google Highland Hardwoods to find out their stock and prices.
    Joe Spear

Comment

I used to use Boulter plywood and Hingham lumber for projects on my wooden boats when I lived in Ma.
      Hope this helps
      Mike

Comment

My brother in law is a carpenter, he used to do a lot of high end work in Newton and used these guys alot...

National Lumber | Reliable Truss | National Millwork | Kitchen Views – Mass. and New England

Comment

Originally posted by myakka View Post
          I used to use Boulter plywood and Hingham lumber for projects on my wooden boats when I lived in Ma.
          Hope this helps
          Mike
          Mike, what part of MA did you live in?

Comment

Mark
            Home of the first pilgrim baby( Peregrin White), Danial Webster(I bet I'll get a response from NHMaster on this), the first govenor, Edward Winslow,. Home of the first US flag ship to circum(sp) navigate the globe(Columbia).Home of some, if not most of the oak frame of the USS Constitution(disputed). Most of the band Aerosmith lives there. Jeff Corwin from animal planet. And the list goes on. But, since I have family there dating back to (apx.)1640 I moved, too much history
            That will give you some thing to chew on.
            Mike
            Last edited by myakka; 08-01-2008, 06:30 PM. Reason: just for fun

Comment

Mark
              Home of the first pilgrim baby( Peregrin White), Danial Webster(I bet I'll get a response from NHMaster on this), the first govenor, Edward Winslow,. Home of the first US flag ship to circum(sp) navigate the globe(Columbia).Home of some, if not most of the oak frame of the USS Constitution(disputed). Most of the band Aerosmith lives there. Jeff Corwin from animal planet. And the list goes on. But, since I have family there dating back to (apx.)1640 I moved, too much history
              That will give you some thing to chew on.
              Mike
              I Lived in the area most of my adult life, predominantly the home of a certain fella by the name of Adams.
              Beautiful town Mike, near Hingham, Cohasset, Hanover.
              In your line of work, assuming your age...I'd have to guess you remember Maher.

Comment

Mark
                Adams...Adams, I seem to remember someone or two by the name of Adams. Did they own this property? http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=4...08197&t=h&z=17

Yes, I met Ralphie before I had my apprentice card.
                Mike

Comment

Mark
                  Adams...Adams, I seem to remember someone or two by the name of Adams. Did they own this property? http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=4...08197&t=h&z=17

Yes, I met Ralphie before I had my apprentice card.
                  Mike
                  His first words to anyone new...."Do you know who I am....?"
                  I lived there for around 12 years, then ran south to the rock.

I miss the area often.

Comment

I had two apprentices from that area, one from Sea street and the other was a neck bird. The Neck bird didn't last.
                    Mike
                    WOW are we off subject!

Comment

I had two apprentices from that area, one from Sea street and the other was a neck bird. The Neck bird didn't last.
                      Mike
                      WOW are we off subject!
                      "Worlds greatest flounder fishing."

Comment

The only Adams from Mass. that I know is Samuel Adams, which I am enjoying one of now.
                        When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

Comment

Hi,
                          Once upon a time I was very needy for a plumbing work, on that time my one of closest friend suggested me great resources of plumbing through angieslist. And I have used angieslist Plumbing service, and now so I am very happy with angieslist.

----------
                          plumbing boston
                          Last edited by gofere; 12-12-2010, 09:41 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X