X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking fo 3612 rails

Anyone replace their 3612 rails and want to sell them?

I want to extend the rip capacity on mine and have devised a plan but, I need another set of rais.
    keep makn\' sawdust!...just don\'t breath any.

Which model of saw do you have? If its a TS2424 you can move the rails over for a 36" cut.

Comment

I have the 3612.

Comment

Greg, keep the post on top of things. You'll get a set like I did for my 2424. I take it you are looking to do what I did to mine. You won't regret it. Get the fence too. You won't be sorry.

Take the shop tour on my site, and go to the bottom of the tour to view what I did, if interested.
        John E. Adams<br /><a href=\"http://www.woodys-workshop.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.woodys-workshop.com</a>

Comment

UO Woody, your set up looks great! That is what I want to do, except on a bit smaller scale. I want to keep my machine as mobile as possible. I was even considering just moving the rail over one notch. It looks like this would work. 36 inch capability to the right will be sufficient for me(for now). I welcome your input and advice.

Comment

Greg,
            I shifted the rails on my TS2424-1 all the way to the right and created a 51/0. I added a new 27" x 30" table constructed like a torsion box from 1/2" plywood with laminate surface, and bolted it to my right side wing (replacing the stabilizing rod you have on the 3612). You could do that in a few hours and see how you like it before you even find another set of rails. I find I have never needed to set my fence on the left side, so it works well for me. I haven't done so yet, but I plan to add an additional set of fold/drop down legs to the right side, patterned after my MSUV extension legs.
            If it don\'t fit, force it. If it breaks, \'needed fixin\' anyhow. 8{~

Comment

Guys, just to clarify, and perhaps a question from me, but aren't teh 3612 rails and the 2424 rails different?? Judging from the posts, you seem to be saying he can use the 2424 rails.

FWIW, *IF* I ever get my Biesemeyer setup, I'll have a set to sell.

Comment

The TS3612 rails bolt up the same way as the TS2424, and the rails can be interchanged on either machine. But they don't match each other, and the fences don't interchange with each other.

Therefore, you can use either the 3612 fence and rails, or the 2424 fence and rails, but you can't mix them. And since the 3612 fence is the better system, I'd stay with that. However, since I am presently satisfied with the 2424 fence, I wouldn't replace it with the 3612. For the money I would probably go to a Biesmeyer clone.
                If it don\'t fit, force it. If it breaks, \'needed fixin\' anyhow. 8{~

Comment

Mike3206, I'll send you $50 toward you Biesemeyer fence if you send me your 3612 rails.

Comment

Boy am I a dork!

I just checked my saw...its a 2424!!! Nothing like knowing your equipment. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Ok, so...I need rails for a 2424.

Comment

OK...so...If I want to move the rails to the right to expand the ripping capacity, will I need to drill new mounting holes?...or just move everything over a "notch"?

Comment

Greg,

Why don't you go and take a look at how the rails are mounted, since I guess you had to have put the saw together? You'll probably see that you just loosen the bolts and slide the rails to the right. You should be able to get 50" right rip capacity, leaving 0" to the left, or any number in between.

Worst case you might have to drill one extra hole, but since it's in cast iron that's no big deal.

Since you didn't know what model you had, maybe you're spending too much time on the forum and not enough in the shop looking at your tools...

David

Comment

Thanks for the info Dave. It looks as though I can just remove and re-install the rails 1 hole over to the right. This would give me about 12 more inches of rip.

You're right. I should spend more time using the tools instead of talking about them on this forum. But, this is the closest I can get to the workshop while I'm at the office. I'm quite envious of you guys who get to "play" with wood all day.

Thanks again.

Greg

Comment

Working...
                          X