Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new to the forum

Hello everyone,

I just thought I would drop a message to say hello. I am just getting started into woodworking and have found a lot of the information on this site to be very helpful.

I am still building a collection of tools and picked up a ts3650 table saw two weeks ago when HD had a 20% off ridgid tool sale. I have been looking at this saw for a couple of years as I had a old craftsman that I did not like and wanted to replace. So far I am very happy with the ridgid and I am going to start making a sled for it soon. I would also like to add an outfeed table and a router station to it too but that will come in time.

I also just picked up a new ridgid tp1300 planer and stand from a lady that never even used it. I was going to wait until fall but got really lucky and stumbled on this one. From what I have read on this forum everyone likes the older model and for $250 I could not pass it up.

I am looking forward to making dust, sharing tips and projects with everyone.

Ryan

Re: new to the forum

Welcome Ryan.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

and congrats on the purchases. Now go make something will ya? (And don't forget to post pics with completed projects...we like pics...)

Comment

I would also like to say, Welcome to our forum RV....
        Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Ryan,

Welcome to the forum!

Man, I must have missed this particular sale (20% off Ridgid Tools), perhaps it was something local for you; but I sure wish it was country wide!!

CWS

Comment

Welcome to the forum, Ryan! Glad you found us. Congratulations on your new purchases. As has been said before, we like pictures.
            I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

Welcome to the forum!

Comment

welcome to the fourm
                Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
                attributed to Samuel Johnson
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Ryan, Welcome to the forum!

Please keep us updated and do show & tell for what you make with your new tools and machinery.

Comment

Welcome to the forum Ryan
                    ________
                    Mazda sentia specifications
                    Last edited by TOPDAWG; 02-24-2011, 06:14 PM.
                    Mike

Comment

Originally posted by CWSmith View Post
                      Ryan,
                      Man, I must have missed this particular sale (20% off Ridgid Tools), perhaps it was something local for you; but I sure wish it was country wide!!
                      It must have been local, cuz I just bought my 3660 two weeks ago, and my HD didn't have that going on. Luckily I did manage to get a 10% moving coupon in the mail the week before (and no, i didn't move ).

Welcome fellow newbie!!

Comment

Thanks for all the warm welcomes.

I am just finishing up my design for a new sled and will keep take some pictures of what it turns out like when it is done. It may take awhile because I have to order some material for the runners and I have not decided for sure what I am going to use yet. I am thinking about using alum with nylon guides.

I live in southern Ontario and the Canadian Home Depot's had a tool clearance sale. The entire ridgid line was 20% off for one weekend. They have this sale a couple of times a year and usually the 3650 is sold out right away and they do not offer rain checks. I just got lucky and got the last one that they had. I paid $479 canadian plus tax($541 total) for it and for what I received I think it is a bargain. It is a very sturdy saw and I really like it.

Most of what I have seen on this site is very impressive and a little intimidating. I do not have hardly any experience with fine wood working but since I am only 32 I have quite a bit of time to learn. Most of my experience has been decks and rough stuff. Once I get my shop set up a little more I will be ready to take on some furniture type projects. I have just about all of the tools I think I need to get started so now just need the time and materials to get to it.

I am sure I will be back asking for advice soon.

Ryan

Comment

Hi Ryan and welcome aboard .There are a lot of great people here and no shortage of answers .
                          John from Belgrave ont.

www.extremebirdhouse.com

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/...d=112698715866

Comment

Working...
                          X