Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disappointed with Home Depot

Hello Everyone... great site.
    I got a beef with Home Depot. I got the 13" planer for a birthday present approx. 40 days before the promo came out with having the stand and blower attachment included in the purchase. The HD sales associate said that he could not give me a stand but i could return my unit for a refund and then buy another one and get the extra items. I've have used it alot and works well. I though that was a stupid excuse so i chatted the HD manager and he said the same thing. So i contacted the HD customer service and they said it was up to the descretion of the store. I just think its poor judgement on their part. So if i return it they end up with a used planer the will try to re-sell. I can see their point if i had purchased it severals months ago. And it's not like i'm a stranger there cause i've purchased several other Ridged items including the Jointer and Tablesaw. What do you guys think?

I had the exact same problem with the TS2424. IT now comes with a dust chute, dado insert, etc... I called Ridgid and they said if I got the HD to give me the coupon I could send it in and they would send me the parts. However, I did so and then Ridgid sent me back a reply saying I wasn't within the promotional time period (which I had already explained). So now I must dissasemble my TS to get what they already said they would send me. I am kind of dissappointed in both companies. I think I was 45 days before the promotion.
    Justin

Comment

i had the same problem with the planer which i bought 20 days before the promo. i went ahead and bought a new unit with the promo items, took out the dust hood and stand and returned just the planer (new) with my old receipt (it had the same box as my old unit). this way they still have a new planer unit to resell.

Comment

I probably won't make freinds with this one, but how long is a reasonable period of time between buying something and a promotion coming out? 40 - 45 days to me seems like a long time. I could see a week or two but beyond that I think its pushing it. Just MHO.

Comment

Hi ya'll!
          I too purchased my planer a week or 3 before they began including the "options"(I think they're required). I went back to my local HD and showed them my reciept for the planer, stand, and dust hood. Asked them if they could do any kind of price adjustment. They said that technically they needed to be returned and then I could purchase the promo pk and save the $100 or so. But one creative associate thinking outside the box said it could be done by just pushing a few SKU's around so it looked like a return and a new sale without having to move any stock. Worked fine, took just a couple minutes with an associate with a functional brain, and the credit went right back on the ol' card! Hope this helps. Happy Holiday Projects! John.

Comment

stuipd is was stuipd does!!!
            Andy B.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tonka:
              Hello Everyone... great site.
              I got a beef with Home Depot. I got the 13" planer for a birthday present approx. 40 days before the promo came out with having the stand and blower attachment included in the purchase. The HD sales associate said that he could not give me a stand but i could return my unit for a refund and then buy another one and get the extra items. I've have used it alot and works well. I though that was a stupid excuse so i chatted the HD manager and he said the same thing. So i contacted the HD customer service and they said it was up to the descretion of the store. I just think its poor judgement on their part. So if i return it they end up with a used planer the will try to re-sell. I can see their point if i had purchased it severals months ago. And it's not like i'm a stranger there cause i've purchased several other Ridged items including the Jointer and Tablesaw. What do you guys think?
              <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

null

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tonka:
                null<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

HI Guys:

Thanks for the comments. Still no results. I've e-mailed HD customer service.... let see what happens from there. If all else fails i will return the one I am currently using with now problems and then walk down to the hardware dept and buy another one with the stand and blower.

Happy Holidays

Comment

Hello Dave:

My opinion is that when you buy a high dollar item from a store and if it is still within the return period, then the store oughto accomodate the cutomer. There is a post below that genius of an emplo0yee was able to demonstrate good customer service in enabling a customer to take advantage of the promo.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DaveM:
                  I probably won't make freinds with this one, but how long is a reasonable period of time between buying something and a promotion coming out? 40 - 45 days to me seems like a long time. I could see a week or two but beyond that I think its pushing it. Just MHO. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Comment

MyTechieGuy
                    I don't know what HD's return period is. If it's 45 days then so be it. They should honor a promotion. Just seemed like a long period of time to me.

Comment

I hear you Dave, as a small business owner myself I know and respect what you are talking about.

But the original poster said that the store asked him to return his product and buy another one. hat just sound rigademdiculous to me but who am I to tell HD how to run there business

Comment

MyTechieGuy
                        I guess I missed that in the post. If it had been me I don't think I would have thought to go back to HD and ask for anything! Dave

Comment

Hey guys, before returning something you already have, do it the EASY WAY.

1) Go rebuy the item new.
                          2) Then just return it using your old receipt.
                          (This is especially fun if you whell it directly from the register, out the door and back in and jsut switch receipts. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Then you still have yoru original in working order, plus you have a new receipt perfect for rebates.

However,I contacted Ridgid directly via email and got a contact person who told me to send in the rebate to her attention and she'd make sure it got processed OK. I (and everyoen I know) pretty much think Home Depot sucks when it comes to anything related to Customer Service, btu Ridgid on the other hand Rocks.

--Mike

Comment

Well guys...consider yourself lucky. I have contacted Rigid woodworking three times and have yet to receive a reply to a missing part question. Does anyone have a clue about how to recieve a reply?

Comment

I can't believe this conversation. I chalk the lot of you, ok, all but two, right up there with the "virtual renters". (Too cheap to rent, so buy, use, and return for credit.)

Plain and simple, the item was purchased at an agreed upon price. What gives anyone the nerve to go back and try to get freebies when a promotion is run is beyond me.

Comment

Working...
                              X