X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2424 fence

Has anyone used the new Beis fence made for the 2424? How can you install "board Buddies" on the stock fence?

Jleon,

Sorry, I can't help with the Biesemeyer question. As far as the "buddy board" question, are you refering to auxiliary or sacrificial fence attachment to the stock fence or vertical hold down (feather boards) or something else? I've heard the term used differently in the past and am not sure what the correct meaning really is.

Wood Dog

Comment

These are rubber roller type things that act as a holddown when mounted to the fence. They allow the piece to move forward across the blade but prevent kickback and prevent the board rising off the table.

Comment

Jleon,

Go to your local hardware store and see if you can find a 1/4" square nut or square headed bolt. If you can't find them you can order bolts from us. The part number is 159653-3.

Jake

Comment

Jleon,

If you take a look at the stock fence, what Jake said will be clear. The stock fence has a recessed channel running the length of the fence which retains those square headed bolts. In turn, you can use them to attach auxiliary fences, etc. and possibly buddy boards. I'm not sure how much clearance you need with those as the channel runs about midway up the height of the fence.

BTW, the parts bag for a new saw should include (3) of the square head bolts which "may" be difficult to find in your local store. As Jake said, they are available as a part online.

Good luck,
          Wood Dog

Comment

Working...
          X