X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dust Collection for Ridgid JP-0610 Joiner

I just recently purchased the Ridgid JP-0610 joiner which has a 4" dust collection port built in it. I currently do not have a dust collection system, and was wondering if anyone has any ideas for a breathable dust bag to use for collecting dust and wood chips?

Thanks in advance,

ToolManBob

The jointer does not have a blower to assist in the removal of chips. You can/could place a small bucket under the DC discharge, but you will have a large amount of chips that remain inside of the machine.
    Support Our Troops!
    www.mnpatriotguard.org
    www.patriotguard.org

Comment

I don't have a dc hooked up to mine yet, but what I did was remover teh dust port and allow the shavings to slide out on the floor. the shavings acumulate quickly, so be sure to have a broom, ustpan and garbage can close by. With teh chute taken off, I don't get anything stuck in the machine.

Comment

Last year I ordered (through the Ridgid Accessories ordering list) the dust collection kit for the jointer. It included a section of 4" flexable hose which I cut down just long enough to attach to the jointer and the reducer so a wet/dry vac could be attached. The 6.25 HP vac I have attached does a good enough job of collecting the curls.

I do not know if Ridgid site lets you order that accessory anymore since the changes. Find the machine on the site, and see if the "Accessories" section is still available, and if you can order it.
        John E. Adams<br /><a href=\"http://www.woodys-workshop.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.woodys-workshop.com</a>

Comment

I came up with the idea of taking a 50 gallon yard waste bag and using duct tape to create a 4" opening and again with duct tape to attach the bag to the dust collector port.

Comment

AS much as I love Duct Tape.......
            I don't think thats a good idea. You will spend more time "fluffin the bag" then it's worth. Break down and at least buy a decent vacum
            Happy Holidays
            <a href=\"http://www.woodshopphotos.com/gallery/Ralphs-workshop\" target=\"_blank\">www.woodshopphotos.com/gallery/Ralphs-workshop</a><br /><br />I can fix anything......where\'s the duct tape ?? :-)

Comment

I gave up on the vac,too much clogging and noise and noticed improved performance with a DC. I have a HF portable,$89 on sale and the 2hp HF which goes on sale for $149. The portable is very quiet and works well with one machine, the 2hp is the best buy for larger useage.

Comment

I gave up on the vac,too much clogging and noise and noticed improved performance with a DC. I have a HF portable,$89 on sale and the 2hp HF which goes on sale for $149. The portable is very quiet and works well with one machine, the 2hp is the best buy for larger useage.

Comment

I have the Ridged 3650 and the 6" jointer, and I have the HF dust collector. I want to start looking into getting the dust collector hooked up so I went to home depot just now to look at connections and what not. To my suprise, none of the standard plumbing fittings would fit the ridgid ports...

Am I looking at the wrong store? Whats the best options here? Should I just get supplies at places like woodcraft and or rockler? Seems as though those types of stores would charge a bit more than just standard stuff at home depot...

Comment

Tried to find a 4" to 2 1/2" adapter at HD as well. No joy. At Rocklers, you can get the adapter for $3.99.

Swede

Comment

I cut a wooden washer out of a piece of 3/4 ply to fit in the 4" duct. The hole in the ply is cut on the bettom, and a 1 foot piece of vacum hose is glued into that. The whole assmbly is then wedged into the 4" duct of the jointer. Now just hook a shop vac to the hose sticking out of the washer and cut away. Never had a mess since.

Jim

Comment

Working...
                      X