X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Censored thread?

Yesterday I was the first one to reply to a post in this forum entitled "Mr. Dueker" from someone (I can't remember who) that had made a personal attack on Bob Dueker. I did defend Bob in my answer but suddenly that thread is not here anymore. Did the original poster delete the thread (is this even possible) or did Ridgid just censor it?

Just curious, usually when a moderator deletes a post, there is a mention of it, I'm just trying to find out what happened here. Any clues?

--Olivier

Saw it, didn't open/read it, then it was gone. Interesting.

Comment

I saw some strange lights in the sky the other night. Mabey the thread was abducted by UFO'S!
      -John

Comment

Not unless the same strange lights were in Beijing... it's Ridgid that's been abducted...

...or abdicated, or adjudicated...

As Firesign Theater used to say, "long hair, short hair, it's all the same once yer head's blowed off".

Comment

Why would you defend bdueker? Has he done a fine upstanding job, in your opinion?

modelmaker
          Buy American....if you can

Comment

I defended Bob D. because the original thread was a personal attack on him and that it was my opinion that he is most likely under a gag order from the higher ups and could not respond to all these posts even if he wanted to.

Ridgid has done a terrible job in customer care lately but unless I have proofs that Bob is personally responsible for it, I will not stand by someone accusing him personally without any evidence.

Mergers and corporate transitions are hard on customers but they are even harder on the employees, let's just give the guy a break and if you want to attack someone then attack the Ridgid entity, not Bob who's probably a regular joe who was thrown the lit brown bag when Jake left/was asked to leave.

Do you believe I was wrong in doing so?

--Olivier

Comment

Just for your information, it appears that Mr Dueker did not delete the thread. Since neither Josh nor I did either, that leaves the original poster, as far as I can determine. It is not the policy of the Ridge Tool Company to censor this forum, as long as posts remain clean and avoid personal attacks.

Having said that, I think that the comments about Mr Dueker have come close to the latter. He is in the unenviable position of assuming his duties during a difficult time of transition and following in the footsteps of a very popular moderator. The truth is that we will provide all the information we can about the future of RIDGID brand woodworking tools as soon as (1) we get it and (2) the lawyers allow us. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I know that's not very satisfying, but it's the best we can do in the current situation.

Comment

Hey, at least that's something.

Thanks, Norm, for acknowledging that we still exist, and for clearly and succinctly stating the current status. I think that that's all most of us were hoping for, under the circumstances.

FWIW, HD locally still has no discounts or sales on Ridgid WW gear, but has assured me that HD will continue to honor the Lifetime Warranty (if it's so stated on the product at time of purchase) regardless of Ridgid's policy. HOW they plan to do that is not clear, of course, but it's nice to hear.

[ 06-23-2003, 11:46 AM: Message edited by: Mark IV ]

Comment

Thanks for chiming in Norm, hopefully people will stop attacking Bob personally from now on.

FYI: I did try to delete this thread as soon as I created it (just to see if I could) and it told me that only administrators or moderators had the rights to do so...The mistery remains...

--Olivier

Comment

Mystery solved Oliver I deleted the post.

I decided to wait & see what happens.

I didn't expect it to happen this way but we now know a little more about the situation.

I needed time to cool off & it worked...

Comment

OH PLEASEEEEEEE, OLIVIER, call a spade a spade! This guy is useless, except for blowing smoke. You may call it "defending him" but we call it something else where I hang-out.

modelmaker
                      Buy American....if you can

Comment

Modelmaker,

You have your opinions, I have mine. If you know for a fact that everything that is happening is Bob's fault then you are one step ahead of us.

FYI: In my neck of the woods it's called "getting all the facts straight before accusing someone".

Since this thread is getting seriously off-topic, I suggest we all go back to woodworking safely with out great Ridgid tools and enjoy our hobby without any more politics. [img]smile.gif[/img]

--Olivier

Comment

oliver .. "with out great Ridgid tools..."
                          Freudian slip ?

[ 06-25-2003, 08:15 AM: Message edited by: douggage ]

Comment

That was really funny.

[ 06-25-2003, 09:36 AM: Message edited by: Vigs ]

Comment

Oups! That definitely was not a good place for a typo! Funny...

(Of course I meant: "with our Ridgid tools..., that's what happen when you post after midnight!).

--O.

Comment

Working...
                              X