Miter saw suggestions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miter saw suggestions

My Dewalt 12" sliding compound miter saw was to big for my small shop, so I sold it. Now I am shopping for a replacement. I would like to have a 10" non slider, dual bevel, up to $300. Any suggestion or comments would be considered.

Re: Miter saw suggestions

Originally posted by Richard$ View Post
    My Dewalt 12" sliding compound miter saw was to big for my small shop, so I sold it. Now I am shopping for a replacement. I would like to have a 10" non slider, dual bevel, up to $300. Any suggestion or comments would be considered.
    When I retired around seven years ago I bought myself the Bosch 10" sliding compound, a very nice saw and practical in size. One of my buddies had a brand new in the box Dewalt 12" sliding compound and wanted to trade, I agreed and although I like the DeWalt it is a monster. I always like to get the biggest , most powerful tool I can afford but that's not always a good idea. Sorry to get side tracked. There are plenty of good saws in the size you are looking for and reasonably priced. Sears in my area has a plenty on display by several different manufacturers Good luck.

Comment

While there is no such thing as perfection in any miter saw, here are two that I recommend looking at. You'll have to pick what you think is best over time, but I would look at these two for sure before putting down any money.

This is a simple single bevel model. Sometimes simple really is best. They don't have a dual bevel other than for those with sliding. If you don't need it there's no use paying extra.
      http://boschtools.com/Products/Tools....aspx?pid=4405

Dual bevel and sure not a monster either.
      http://www.makita.com/menu.php?pg=pr...et&tag=LS1040F

There are others, but these two should give you some to check out. I would stay clear of RIDGID as there have been far too many problems. You might get lucky but why chance it.

Comment

Unless they have been redesigned very recently stay away from 10" Craftsman, Ridgid and Ryobi CMS's.
        ================================================== ====
        ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

I have a hitachi single bevel that I am very happy with.

Comment

I own a Ridgid 10" (about 4+ years now) and I took into the shop in November 2007. I averge about 2 diy projects a year so it doesn't get much use. Luckily I registered for the limited lifetime service agreement so it didn't cost me anything.

I do like the limited lifetime service agreement aspect of the Ridgid tools. It is something to consider.

Comment

Check these guys I just bought a slider from them and the thing looks and feels brand new, comes with a 1 year gaurentee

http://www.reconditionedsales.com/

Comment

Originally posted by wrench spinner View Post
                Check these guys I just bought a slider from them and the thing looks and feels brand new, comes with a 1 year gaurentee

http://www.reconditionedsales.com/
                All I can say is WOW!!! That three piece cordless set was some deal. Hammerdrill, recipro saw 2- 3.0AH lithiums, light and charger, great deal with a one year warranty for onlly $209. How could you go wrong?Repeat after me, "I don't need more tools, I don't need more tools".

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
                  Unless they have been redesigned very recently stay away from 10" Craftsman, Ridgid and Ryobi CMS's.
                  I agree. Had a RYOBI 10 inch slider for a few days....it couldn't cut straight no matter how much adjusting. Also, the dust collection sucked.

Only reason I got it was that they were out of the Ridgid. Ended up getting a Mastercraft Maximum 10 inch - from Crappy Tire(Canadian retailer store brand - don't know who makes it for them).
                  guess....

At least it cuts straight
                  I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

I bought a 10" Trademaster sliding one for all of $189 Canadian. That was my 3rd miter saw that I bought in a span of a week. I always buy and return until I'm satisfied with features and performance. The lowly Trademaster outperformed a deWalt and a Craftsman so I kept it and saved about as much as I paid for it.
                    In order to understand recursion, one must first understand recursion.

Comment

I found my Makita at a pawn shop for a hundred bucks. nonslider,dual compound,10"

Comment

Working...
                      X