outfeed table

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• outfeed table

does anyone know of any plans to build an outfeed table that stands alone?, i dont want to reposition my motor or want it to interfere with bevel cuts . but i woud like for it to fold up or break down easily. or should i change my mind about hooking it directly to my saw?

Re: outfeed table

Did you check this thread?
    A lot a good ideas. I am working on yet another design but I am still inspired by the suggestions I found here.
    In order to understand recursion, one must first understand recursion.

Comment

yes, i did look at that, great looking table,but i didnt want to reposition my motor.

Comment

Originally posted by levon View Post
        yes, i did look at that, great looking table,but i didnt want to reposition my motor.
        I did not need to move the motor more than a 1/2 inch and it was no trouble.
        "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
        John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

darn, Bob, youre shooting down my excuses!

Comment

darn, Bob, youre shooting down my excuses!
            Then quit making them and build Bob's table.

Here's another idea............http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZyguUCdw4s
            Last edited by BadgerDave; 08-15-2008, 08:06 AM.
            ================================================== ====
            ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

BD

im looking at that one seriously, thanks for the encouragement !

Comment

I like that setup too. The retractable caster idea I saw them use on another project, it's a good solution I think.
                "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
                John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

Has anyone been able to locate the plans for the woodmagazine.com outfeed table/bench that Badger Dave posted on youtube ?
                  I searched the site and found it was unavailable.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by tierraverde@comcast.net View Post
                    Has anyone been able to locate the plans for the woodmagazine.com outfeed table/bench that Badger Dave posted on youtube ?
                    I searched the site and found it was unavailable.

Thanks
                    The video is free, but the plan will cost you. I bought the downloadable PDF plan at woodmagazine.com. Just go to their Wood Store and do a little searching. It's there somewhere in the workbench plans section. I never got around to building it, but I still plan to do so.

Comment

Thanks Bob,
                      I went there earlier and could not find it. I don't mind buying it but just no luck locating it.
                      I'll go back and look again.

Comment

Bob Mc
                        Thanks to your search hints, I found the plan and downloaded it. I Will build this puppy in the spring when this Global Warming in Chicago is over with.

Comment

OK, so I hunt for 2 hours to find this plan, take a break and go shopping with the wife to the grocery store.
                          While killing time as she grazes the isles, I pick up a magazine in the reading isle called "Home Shop Ideas.
                          I come home and read Bob's post (above) about searching using the keyword "Workbench" and PRESTO, I find the plan.
                          So I download it for $7.95, log off and retreat to relax and read my new magazine.
                          As is my life's luck, on page 76 is an illustrated article, plans and 5 pages in living color of the same plan tablesaw/workbench!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                          I paid $7.00 additional bucks for the magazine.
                          I guess I should have bought some lottery tickets.
                          This is hillarious.

Comment

http://www.forums.woodnet.net/ubbthr...5&o=&fpart=all
                            Poplar Branch Wood Crafts

Comment

does anyone know of any plans to build an outfeed table that stands alone?, i dont want to reposition my motor or want it to interfere with bevel cuts . but i woud like for it to fold up or break down easily. or should i change my mind about hooking it directly to my saw?
                              Hi. Just saw this thread. I'm in process of building a combined outfeed table/ workbench from Wood Magazine. I'll post photos when I finish it. Biggest advantage here is it doubles as a workbench/ assembly table, and takes the same floorspace as the saw without impacting your workspace.

Gerry

You can find the plans at WOOD magazine September 2007

Comment

Working...
                              X