TS-3650 Questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS-3650 Questions

I'm a newbie here. I found the Forum looking for TS-3650 reviews. Sounds like most of you are happy with it. I'm stepping up from my Craftsman bench top. I have two questions. I’m debating between used and new, my concern with used is the arbor issue with dado blades as that is one of the main reasons for change. What do I look for on the arbor? Where is the grove? Can I get a replacement at this date? And going with new I’ve been told by two HD stores and Ridgid customer service the saw has a lifetime warranty. Hard for me to believe. I’ve been reading a lot of post over the last month lots of great advice and Bob D. great out feed table I’ll do my best to duplicate it. Thanks to all. Pat

Re: TS-3650 Questions

Originally posted by PMR413 View Post
    I'm a newbie here. I found the Forum looking for TS-3650 reviews. Sounds like most of you are happy with it. I'm stepping up from my Craftsman bench top. I have two questions. I’m debating between used and new, my concern with used is the arbor issue with dado blades as that is one of the main reasons for change. What do I look for on the arbor? Where is the grove? Can I get a replacement at this date? And going with new I’ve been told by two HD stores and Ridgid customer service the saw has a lifetime warranty. Hard for me to believe. I’ve been reading a lot of post over the last month lots of great advice and Bob D. great out feed table I’ll do my best to duplicate it. Thanks to all. Pat
    I don't know about the arbor, but the TS3650 is a huge step up from a Craftsman benchtop. I made that upgrade in February and am immensely happy. For legal reasons it is called "Lifetime Service Agreement", but thatis even better than a warranty because it covers wear and tear (not for consumables like blades). I haven't had a warranty or LSA issue; but the forum consensus seems to be that it can be somewhat of a pain to make a claim; because you deal with independent repair shops and the repairs can be slow; but that RIDGID does follow through on it and you aren't getting this good a warranty from anyone else.

Comment

Re: TS-3650 Questions

I'm a new 3660 owner and I can say you wont be disappointed in this saw!! If you're looking new you may want to go for the 60 since it has the side leg braces added. That is, unless you can find a new 50 with a nice little discount. Also, if you do new, search the web for "home depot moving". you can get a 10% off coupon mailed to your house. That's what I did.

ok...im rambling.

Buy the 3650/60!!! you'll love it!

Comment

Working...
      X