No announcement yet.

Question for Big Johnson--moving fence rails

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Question for Big Johnson--moving fence rails

    Big Johnson (or whomever else knows):

    I am moving (or going to move) the fence rails on my 2424.

    In an earlier post Big Johson wrote:

    To all,
    Please disregard these items if you are upgrading your current TS2424 rule.
    5.) Qty.1, Tape, Fence 12" Right. (829967)
    6.) Qty.1, Tape, Fence 36" Left. (829698)
    The parts I originally listed are only for the TS3612... They will not work on the TS2424 front fence rail... they are too wide..

    Here is my question. If the fence tape for the 3612 is too wide for the 2424 rails, how do you upgrade the fence tape on the 2424 so it reads 12 left and 36 right? The only fence tape parts available for the 2424 are 24" right and 24" left.
    Brad Hatchett<br />

  • #2

    You can usually buy self adhesive metal tapes from your local woodworking store. I was able to find a 1/2" tape at Ace hardware for the right side - it was a 0-12' tape for $5.99. You could install one upside down on the left if they don't carry a right-to-left reading tape or you could order another from Ridgid. There is a picture of the Ace tape in this thread:


    • #3
      There are many companies that sell tape rules, here are a few that I have looked at before...

      Hope this helps... [img]smile.gif[/img]
      Regards,<br /><br />Big Johnson<br /><br />Pictures: <a href=\" gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php\" target=\"_blank\"> gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php</a>


      • #4
        Or you can do what I did, buy the tape from Ridgid and trim the edge with a pair of scissors. Dave

        [ 05-05-2003, 08:01 AM: Message edited by: DaveM ]